Staff / Principal Product Manager, Benefits Platform at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
The Benefits Platform Team is a new investment at Justworks, and operates as an autonomous and tight knit cross-functional unit. The team is responsible for accelerating the growth of the core business by building and running a new, hyper flexible benefits platform that will serve as the launch pad for multiple new products, services, and partnerships over the next 5 years.
As the product lead for this team, you will be accountable for launching a new, business-critical product from zero to one, leading your team through discovery, definition, and delivery phases, and iterating to find product/market fit. You will define key milestones and remove roadblocks to enable your team to reach them. You will confidently and consistently make tradeoff decisions between speed and scale. Your ability to navigate ambiguity and complexity with grace while motivating your team around a bold mission will be an invaluable asset in this role. Likewise, your capacity to balance strategic thinking with rolling up your sleeves to execute will be paramount to your success.Your Success ProfileWhat You Will Work On
- Define a product vision, strategy, and roadmap, in partnership with your team and stakeholders
- Gather insights — including customer research, external market data, Justworks business intelligence, and stakeholder feedback — to inform your product hypotheses
- Set measurable goals that guide your team’s execution approach
- Evaluate tradeoffs for build/partner/buy investments and decide on the best path forward
- Collaborate with functions across the business, including Engineering, Design, Operations, Product Marketing, Customer Support, and Sales
- Partner with Engineering to define an agile development process that serves the needs of your team and the business
- Remove roadblocks so that your team can execute seamlessly
- Continuously prioritize the needs of customers and the business, with an eye on future growth
- Communicate product priorities across the company, seeking feedback on an ongoing basis
- Inspire and support your team to drive meaningful results for the business
As a Staff Product Manager, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following:
- Customer focus - builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
- Teamwork and communication - putting our collective best together through documentation, collaboration, relationship-building, listening, empathy, recruiting, and evangelism.
- Nimble learning - actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Plans and aligns - breaks down objectives into appropriate initiatives and actions; stages activities with relevant milestones and schedules.
- Business insight - applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.In addition, all
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 6 years of software product management experience, with demonstrated wins
- Experience successfully shipping new products zero-to-one
- Able to learn the Justworks domains quickly (benefits, payments, health insurance, HR, etc)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with an aptitude for storytelling
- Strong systems thinking, with technical depth that lets you communicate effectively with engineers
- Experience working with agile development processes
- Experience working in the health tech space a plus
- Experience working on platform products a plus
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment