SVP, Programmatic & Partner Product Management at DoubleVerify
SVP, Programmatic & Partner Product Management
Reporting Relationship: Chief Operating Officer
Founded in 2008, DoubleVerify (DV) is the leading independent provider of marketing measurement software, data and analytics that authenticates the quality and effectiveness of digital media for the world’s largest brands and media platforms. DV provides media transparency and accountability to deliver the highest level of impression quality for maximum advertising performance by bringing transparency and accountability to the market and ensuring ad viewability, brand safety, fraud protection, accurate impression delivery and audience quality across campaigns to drive performance. DV has helped hundreds of Fortune 500 companies across every major vertical, including financial services, telecom, automotive, retail, CPG, travel, luxury and pharmaceuticals gain the most value out of their media spend by delivering best-in-class solutions across the digital ecosystem. Let’s build a better industry.
The SVP, Programmatic & Partner Product Management has accountability for DV’s fast-growing programmatic & partner product line. This product line leads the innovation, development, and distribution of DV’s data targeting and measurement services via integrations with Demand Side Platforms and other online media platforms allowing buyers on those platforms to activate DoubleVerify services directly within those environments. This position demands in-depth understanding of the ad-serving ecosystem with particular expertise on the technology architecture, business needs, and customer goals of Trading Desks, Demand Side Platforms (DSPs), Ad Exchanges and Sell Side Platforms (SSPs).
Reporting to the company’s Chief Operating Officer, the SVP is responsible for the product development, delivery, adoption and ultimate commercial success of the product lines and must develop, and execute that strategy in partnership with executives from Sales, Business Development, Client Services, Marketing and more to achieve these goals. Success in this role requires strategic thinking, ingenuity, and innovation to develop commercial and product strategies that will win in a highly-competitive market. The role has primary oversight of growing DoubleVerify’s products through new data offerings, while delivering a market-leading activation and analytics capabilities. A candidate must be able to apply their own data analysis to oversee and manage the development and maintenance of targeting data that improves campaign performance and protection. In addition to the commercial responsibilities, the SVP will lead and manage a growing team of product and technical employees responsible for building, deploying, upgrading and maintaining DoubleVerify’s programmatic and partner products.
- Develop and execute the product strategy for the programmatic & partner product line while taking primary responsibility for product development and commercial success of the services.
- Build, maintain and communicate the complete programmatic and partner product strategy – from vision, through design and development, timely implementation and commercial execution.
- Identify new opportunities and develop new products that enable DoubleVerify to win in the programmatic data and measurement market.
- Drive the innovative development of programmatic & partner products at DoubleVerify, including pre-bid data targeting and integrated metrics services.
- Oversee the product team’s development of detailed product requirements and timely delivery of product features in coordination with the engineering team.
- Lead and build a top-notch team of product managers at various levels (Associate PM to VP) to execute the responsibilities of the Programmatic & Partner product team.
- Partner with DV business development team to build and maintain industry and client relationships necessary for product success in the online advertising ecosystem.
- Oversee the product integration team’s work to ensure DV’s programmatic & partner products are deployed to jointly achieve business goals.
- Interactively work with the DV Executive Team, Sales, and Marketing to define product vision based on company goals, business opportunities and customer feedback.
- Ensure there is successful collaboration between the product team with Account Management to ensure clients using DV’s programmatic & partner products are deriving value and have a positive experience.
- Define and drive go-to-market strategy, planning, and execution for new product offerings and releases.
- 15+ years of Product Management experience.
- 10+ years of Product or Business management experience in the advertising technology or online media industry.
- Demonstrated success at scaling advertising technology or similar product lines to commercial success.
- Ability to develop a comprehensive product strategy and take accountability leading it to success through direct management of product strategy and coordinated execution of operational and commercial activity.
- Experience running advertising technology products with > $50M in revenue.
- Leadership experience in high-growth organizations.
- S. or equivalent/higher level of education in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Exceptional understanding of common online advertising technologies, the online advertising ecosystem and standard programmatic auction, data and measurement integration solutions.
- Superior data analysis skills. Ability to personally deliver insight and action from information.
- Demonstrated capability to coordinate and lead collaborative business relationships and technical integrations with 3rd-parties to achieve business results.
- Passion and desire to play a key role in leading a high-growth business in a fast-moving and competitive landscape.
- Deep understanding of the online advertising industry and ad platforms (networks, DSPs, ATDs, SSPs, Exchanges).
- Comprehensive knowledge of ad technologies across mobile, desktop and OTT/CTV for display and video.
- Proven ability to balance the need of the customer while maintaining corporate objectives.
- Ability to work with internal and external customers to find solutions to challenges they face.
- Organized with a rigorous attention to detail, drive for excellence, and a positive “can-do” approach.