Tech Writer (Contract)
As a Technical Writer, you will be responsible for a variety of software product documentation projects. In this role, you will utilize best practices to prepare and deliver high quality documentation and communication focused on meeting the needs of our customer base.
- End-to-end creation, and publication of product documentation
- Participate in Product and Engineering team meetings, product design sessions, etc. as needed to develop an understanding of the products, use cases, and core functionalities
- Create supporting documents for assigned products (manuals, collateral, workbooks, guides, etc.), organizing and distributing; revise documents in coordination with product updates and changes
- Develop a core understanding and serve as the technical documentation subject matter expert, providing feedback on best medium for messages/audience and standardizing core elements of the product
- Interpret business process, product requirements, user stories and product design documents to convey the simplest set of instructions for completing a specific task
- 4+ years of experience in technical writing or a content development role
- Proven experience designing, writing technical content, and evaluating deliverables under aggressive timelines in a corporate setting.
- Passion for learning new products, ideas and systems quickly, combined with the ability to translate business requirements into client friendly documentation and materials
- Contribute to creating an effective user experience for internal and external consumers of our content
- Self-starter with strong project management experience, acute attention to detail and organizational skills with the ability to independently and proactively manage yourself against a robust workload with multiple concurrent projects and tight deadlines
- Possess ability to learn new technologies, the curiosity to figure out how things work, and a passion for improving the experience for how end-users consume content
- Entrepreneurial, comfortable with ambiguity, and excited about the aspect of helping support the development of a best in class user guides
- Knowledge of technical writing standards and best practices.
- Superb verbal and written communication skills; proven ability around conceptualizing technical/functional content into something creative that people actually enjoy consuming
- Expert ability in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Bachelor's Degree in Technical Writing, Instructional Design, English, or related field.