Technical Product Manager, Localization at Skillshare
What you'll do:
- Work alongside our International Growth team to understand Skillshare’s international market launch strategy.
- Work cross-functionally with our product, product engineering and foundational engineering teams, defining and managing the tactical roadmap for developing technical projects that will allow the product to be localized into many languages.
- Create a compelling set of localization tools that is easy to use by product engineers.
- Consult with product design and marketing teams to promote international and localization best practices.
- Act as our localization line producer, assuring that localization touch points of the product, owned by different teams within the product org, are prioritized and delivered.
- Develop an exceptional language experience across Skillshare’s products that will unlock our global expansion goals.
- As a proven tactical leader, with a passion for building new systems and processes from scratch, you will view localization as a key component of a global product experience, using market and product performance data as your north stars.
Why we're excited about you:
- 8+ years of experience in localization, technical program or project management, and/or product management.
- Extensive experience leading product and/or engineering teams on scalable localization workflows, tooling, and architecture projects.
- Experience launching digital products in EMEA, India, and LatAm; launching in other territories like APAC a plus
- Knowledge of expected technical capabilities is required to deliver key user-facing product functionality
- You are able to vet and manage technical relationships with vendors
- You are able to identify, gather, and drive consensus among all required groups across the company when trying to accomplish larger goals. You resolve blockers in your team and others to move forward.
- You have experience establishing QA and research testing plans and managing deliveries to ensure successful launches
- You are able to effectively communicate strategy and updates to international business and product leadership
- You have a proven ability to establish rapport, credibility and influence amongst stakeholders and cross-functional internal teams to drive results
- You have an exceptional attention to details, you pay close attention to near and downstream effects of your work.
- You have the proven analytical capabilities, the tenacity to develop ideas independently, and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment.
Why you are excited about us
- Our team: We have a passionate, creative, and innovative team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Remote Culture: A healthy, productive working environment means different things for different people. We optimize for trust and invest in supporting remote teams, offer home office stipends for those that work best in their own space and co-working spaces for those that thrive in a social office environment, and focus on transparent communication to ensure an inclusive, equitable work environment for everyone.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, offer home office stipends and co-working spaces in multiple cities, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.
- Impact: You’ll have the chance to directly impact the user experience around how students learn and how teachers create and share content on Skillshare.
- Your growth: You’ll have the opportunity to wear a lot of hats and take on more responsibility over time. We have a fresh $70 million in capital and a very, very long to-do list.
- Benefits: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. We support our team with unlimited PTO, gender-neutral parental leave, anniversary bonuses and sabbaticals, and healthy stipends for creativity, learning, and personal wellness.