Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
This Technical Product Manager at Better will play a pivotal role in driving innovation. Straddling the line between high-level strategy and hands-on execution, this PM is proficient in product management and business strategy; capable of presenting deftly about technical topics; and is passionate about the importance of design in elevating customer experiences!
This TPM will have the outstanding opportunity to work on our UI Platform, powering user experiences across our platform. Their work will impact other engineering teams, designers and product managers by unifying user experiences and growing efficiency!
This PM will own the development of our UI Platform by defining the roadmap of our product area through deep research and understanding of business and technology goals. They'll set the vision and strategy for our platform products and services that serve our engineering, product and design teams, and will ensure the adoption of the UI platform.
Responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with engineers and engineering managers to define the strategy and operationalize execution
- Go deep into both technical huddles and strategic discussions with executives
- Bring your solutions to market through ownership of the full product development process: problem identification, solution design, spec, implementation and validation
- Collaborate with partners throughout the company to ensure platform adoption and success
- Worked for 3-6 years in a platform product management capacity at a technology driven organization
- An evangelist for how platforms can unlock business value and customer experiences through self serve APIs
- Value performance, reliability, latency and speed as a first class principle
- Learn new technologies quickly and discuss the tradeoffs and benefits of various approaches with your engineering peers
- Can take deeply technical concepts and break them down in order to connect with a wider audience
- Committed to teamwork and able to work well with other business units to build iterative solutions that continuously deliver value
- Have a proven track record of entering a new space and building expertise rapidly
- Instincts enable you to read between the lines and extrapolate ideas which turn into solutions
- Have familiarity with resiliency engineering and systems thinking
- Bonus: a background as a software engineer, or a solutions architect who has built platform products; or you have an academic background in Computer Science or Engineering
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.