Technical Product Manager
Thanks for considering a career at MakerBot. Over the last five years, MakerBot has defined a new industry: desktop 3D printing. Now we’re on a mission to expand the scope of 3D printing: from the classroom to the enterprise.
MakerBot is looking for an experienced Technical Product Manager to join our team located in Brooklyn, NY. This position will be a highly visible, individual contributor role that will work closely with our engineering team to define and bring to market critical software components for our MakerBot products. This is an excellent opportunity for technical product managers to expand their experience or for product minded engineers who want to make the jump to a product management role.
- Define the technical requirements and API strategy for MakerBot’s 3D printing platforms.
- Work with engineers, designers, QA, across teams to ensure alignment of features throughout our ecosystem.
- Drive a culture of transparency where all stakeholders are aware of progress and risks.
- Be a catalyst for new opportunities – balancing investments in existing product with new innovations.
Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience in software development and / or software product management (HW product experience a plus)
- Working knowledge of various programming languages - from lower level (e.g. C, C++, assembler) to higher level (e.g. Java, Python)
- Track record of defining / working with APIs
- Prior experience working with HW, firmware, CAD, or 3D technologies a plus
- A degree in Computer Science (or practical equivalent experience)
- Experience working with agile software development teams
- Strategic, data-driven mentality who leverage KPIs to define their success
- Capable of holding teams accountable for shipping products on a regular basis
- People: We have some of the most talented, diverse, and collaborative teams in the world who love to push the boundaries of innovation.
- Office Space: From the moment you step onto the 21st floor of our office in Downtown Brooklyn - the high energy and view of multiple bridges and the Statue of Liberty - will take your breath away!
- Perks: We have great benefits, fun social events, and of course the free snacks and ping-pong tournaments are a must at any cool tech company.
MakerBot, a subsidiary of Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq: SSYS), is leading the Next Industrial Revolution by setting the standards in reliable and affordable desktop 3D printing. Founded in 2009, MakerBot sells desktop 3D printers to innovative and industry-leading customers worldwide, including engineers, architects, designers, educators and consumers. MakerBot has one of the largest installed bases and market shares in the desktop 3D printing industry, with more than 90,000 MakerBot Replicator 3D Printers in the world. The robust MakerBot 3D Ecosystem makes 3D printing easy and accessible for everyone. To learn more about MakerBot, visit makerbot.com.
MakerBot is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard public assistance, veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.