Technical Product Manager
Technical Product Manager
WW is looking for candidates to help change people's lives. We are a global wellness technology company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. We do this through engaging digital experiences, face-to-face workshops and sustainable programs that encourage people to move more, shift their mindset and eat healthier while enjoying the foods they love. By drawing on over five decades of experience and expertise in behavioral science, we build communities in order to deliver wellness for all.
To learn more about WW and jobs with a purpose, visit ww.com.
The Technical Product Manager for the Data Teams is responsible for reviewing business needs as they relate to data analytics, data science, and data engineering. They will identify and document the requirements, user stories, use cases and system interactions to ensure that technical delivery is closely aligned to business needs while identifying opportunities to improve efficiency and ensuring alignment with WW key performance metrics. We're looking for a highly motivated person who is a born leader; someone who can anticipate problems before they arise and drive to solutions for partners.
- Build business cases, system requirements, assist with return on investment proposals and identifying areas of opportunity for efficiency in systems and processes. This requires the ability to take business requirements and turn them into high-level technical requirements that align with WW key performance metrics.
- Partner with engineering teams and represent the voice of the business.
- Assist with all aspects of User Acceptance Testing (UAT), such as developing test cases, completing User Acceptance Testing, tracking results and working with the IT and Engineering teams to ensure any defects are addressed before implementation.
- Ensure clear and timely communication with the management team, business partners and the development or support team members.
- Develop training materials and communications for the end-user.
- Assist the end-users during implementation with questions related to new systems or enhancements to the system.
- Work with engineering teams to identify opportunities to improve system performance. Determine if the issue is a training opportunity or a true system issue.
- Prioritize bugs and feature requests with your deep understanding of the platform and technology; work with business and engineering team to understand the impacts.
- Develop a roadmap with collaboration from Engineering leadership to enable stronger planning. Protect the scope of the roadmap to ensure timely delivery.
- Help manage dependencies between different teams.
- Work on other projects and duties as assigned by the leadership team.
- Be a strong servant leader with the proven ability to coach and motivate cross-functional teams throughout the organization to deliver high quality and achieve desired customer outcomes.
- Keep a positive energy despite setbacks and encourage the team to develop solutions and make decisions to support the team goals. Listen well to better understand challenges.
- Be self-motivated, self-aware, self-disciplined and self-improving.
- Bachelor's degree
- PMP and/or CSM certification preferred
- CSPO certification preferred
- SQL experience, a plus or desire to learn
- 3+ years experience in Product Management or Project Management using Agile Practices and methodologies including SCRUM
- A passion for data and experience with project delivery of data projects
- Experience using Project Management Tools (Jira, Confluence, MS Project, Excel and Visio)
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills
- Superior project management skills including: communications management, risk management and issue management
- Think strategically and support your teams to develop solutions to complex problems
- Structured approach based on prior learnings to create, maintain, and own project artifacts and facilitate project ceremonies
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to interact with Product Managers, Engineers, QA teams and Sr. Management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Expertise with an organization that transitioned from Waterfall to Agile, a plus.
Location: New York
As a company, our purpose is to inspire healthy habits for real life. And as an employer, we inspire the greatest people to do their best work. We provide benefits for real life to help protect your health, finances and overall wellbeing, including:
- Competitive compensation and profit-sharing plan
- A 401K plan to help you plan for your future, plus company match
- Health care coverage starting on your first day
- Tuition reimbursement and online courses to help you reach your career aspirations
- Commuter benefits
- Yearly well-being allowance for your physical, financial, social and emotional well-being
- Free WW membership for you plus 3 free WW memberships for your friends and 3 for your family
- Free fruit, snacks, and coffee to get you through your day
- Summer Fridays, happy hours, and company outings
- Robust employee referral bonuses
- Developmental opportunities and assignments to grow your career
WW is an equal opportunity employer. WW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.