Technical Product Manager at NS1
NS1 optimizes delivery of the world’s most critical internet and enterprise applications. Only NS1’s platform is built on a modern API-first architecture that acts on real-time data and grows more powerful in complex environments, transforming DNS, DHCP, and IP Address Management (IPAM) into an intelligent, efficient, and automated system. NS1’s technology drives dramatic gains in IT efficiency and application performance, reliability, and security for the largest global enterprises, including Salesforce, LinkedIn, Dropbox, Nielsen, Pitney Bowes, Squarespace, Pandora and The Guardian. We solve incredibly challenging problems on behalf of our customers in the most mission critical parts of their stack.The Role
You’re a tech-obsessed problem-solver who’s a stickler for the details. You’re fascinated by the inner workings of complex systems (like the Internet), and you have a knack for breaking things down and making them better.
You’re strategically-minded and can create clear objectives which inspire our teams to do great work. You’re able to collate an array of feedback from key stakeholders and translate it in a way that makes it easy for team members to prioritize their workload. You understand different perspectives, and can act as a mediator between product, user experience, customer success, sales, and marketing teams, managing expectations and streamlining processes to reach business goals.
You’ll spend most of your days with the engineering team, providing crucial user perspectives and organizing project components. You’ll juggle priorities, manage projects, tickets, and sprint goals, and orchestrate ways to put out fires as they arise. You’ll always have one eye on project scope to keep us honest, ensuring we deliver on time and on spec – and you’ll always act as the voice of the user, keeping their needs top of mind.Your Skills:
- 3+ years working with software delivery teams.
- Detail-oriented, fastidious, perceptive, and intuitive. Able to prioritize and reconcile needs that aren’t always aligned.
- Experience working on highly technical products that are focused on backend systems.
- Experience interacting directly with customers and users, understanding their business and technical challenges and how technology can address those problems.
- Comfortable working with distributed teams, facilitating communication, and managing work-tracking software.
- Experience eliciting feedback from product users and business stakeholders.
- Self-starter, able to work through competing priorities and quickly deliver quality results.
- Preferred experience managing SaaS or Software products with heavy database, networking, and operational components.
- Some coding experience preferred (any language).
- Our globally distributed platform is comprised of many subsystems including:
- Custom built DNS software that’s deployed on physical hardware and an anycasted network that spans nearly 30 facilities globally
- REST API, and Portal
- Deployment automation, CI/CD, unit/integration testing
- Monitoring, metrics collection and alerting
- Traffic load balancing, filtering, and DDoS mitigation tools
- Messaging, persistent DB and caching systems
- Other technologies and integrations include:
- Linux, Ansible, Docker & other container platforms
- BGP, BPF/IPTables, SDN, packet analysis
- MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ, SQL
- Python (Twisted), Bash, C, C++14, React, Redux, D3
- Hadoop/HDFS/OpenTSDB, Grafana, Bosun
- Integrations with third party SaaS, APIs, and libraries, various Open Source projects including REST API clients and integrations
We’re a fast-growing, well-funded startup based in the heart of New York City’s Financial District with offices and team members around the world. Working at NS1, you’ll come to understand our team is unique, both in and out of the workplace. We have PhDs, musicians, artists, and athletes working side by side, dedicated to delivering first class products. We’re hardworking, but we're also a compassionate group. We understand that outside of NS1 is a world that places demands on our time. Our leadership team is dedicated to open and honest communication and we continuously strive to foster a culture of transparency, flexibility, and creativity.
- competitive compensation (salary and stock options)
- medical, dental, and vision
- commuter benefits
- flexible hours and time off
- choice of workstation
NS1 is an equal opportunity employer.