Technical Product Manager at Stash
Stash is a digital-first financial services company committed to making saving and investing accessible to everyone. By breaking down barriers and building transparent, technology-driven products, we help the 99% build smarter financial habits so they can confidently save more, grow wealth, and enjoy life.
We are looking for a Technical Product Manager who has proven experience delivering software and is a master at optimizing productivity and understanding technical concepts to join our growing team. As a Technical Product Manager on the Trust squad you will help keep Stash customers safe and secure by prioritizing a feature backlog focused on security and account fraud prevention.
If you are an open communicator with a passion for shipping bug-free software and you are excited about changing the world of banking and investing, Stash is looking for you!
What you'll do:
- Own the backlog for authentication and the user journey for platform security
- Partner with data science, dev ops, and others to effectively measure and manage feature releases and security threats.
- Answer day-to-day product questions from engineers to guide implementation
- Manage communication of progress/status to internal and external stakeholders
- Support operations, compliance, fraud, risk and customer experience teams in their technical questions and needs
- Complete ad-hoc data analysis and query data to answer questions
- Work with other product managers and teams to implement broad system wide changes and support other teams
- 3 - 5 years working in software engineering or technical product management at a software company
- Knowledge of SQL and/or data modeling and analysis tools
- Knowledge of technical microservices architecture
- Knowledge of REST, JSON or similar
- A proven track record of delivering high-quality and tested software on-time and often
- An open mind, flexibility around testing new approaches and the ability to harness failures and turn them into wins
- Degree in computer science or relevant software development experience preferred
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits & Perks:
- Equity in Stash
- Flexible Vacation
- Family-Friendly Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Commuter Benefits and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee referral bonuses
- Stocked fridges & kitchens and catered lunch on Fridays
- Thursday happy hours
- Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Forbes Fintech 50 Most Innovative Fintech Companies (2019)
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019)
- Built in NYC's Best Places to Work (2019)
- Built in NYC’s Startups to Watch (2018)
- Wall Street Journal's "Top 25 Tech Companies to Watch" in 2018
- MarCom Awards Double Gold & Platinum Winner (2018)
- Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and Banking (2017)
- W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience (2017)
**No recruiters, please.