Haven Life is an insurtech innovator at MassMutual that offers a new way to get life insurance online that's actually simple.
We combine the culture of a startup with the stability and backing of a Fortune 500 company to create an environment that's truly unique.
Our diverse team is comprised of smart, collaborative people who think big, execute quickly and don't take themselves too seriously. We're located in New York's Flatiron District and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too.
If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for a motivated self-starter with a passion for life insurance underwriting to solve complex and high-impact problems with simple, innovative, and customer-centric solutions.
This person will design underwriting programs for new products and streamline existing customer experiences. They will collaborate with other product teams, underwriters, and key stakeholders to ensure legal and compliance issues are addressed and that development teams have the information they need to make these features a reality.
If you wake up every day excited to explore data and reimagine customer experiences, please apply.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Apply underwriting expertise and creative thinking to re-imagine the digital underwriting experience from the lens of both customers and underwriters
- Create and own the design of underwriting for new products, focusing on simplification, automation, and innovation
- Collaborate with legal, compliance, and subject matter experts to fully analyze and understand existing products, business processes, and systems
- Collaborate with product owners to define and document requirements for software implementation of new product features
- Monitor existing underwriting programs for quality and identify enhancements that will help the business to improve the customer experience and achieve its goals
- Partner with Reinsurance Partners to explain the design of our underwriting programs and solicit approval for changes
- Pitch in wherever needed
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- BS/BA required or equivalent experience
- 3 to 5 years of experience with underwriting for life or disability insurance
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to think beyond traditional underwriting paradigms
- Ability to work within the United States without sponsorship
- Experience with new underwriting data sources or paradigms
- Technical knowledge of underwriting systems
- Experience in a startup company or Agile software development setting
- Experience working on long-term, cross-team projects
- Ability to work full time from our Manhattan office
We have a stellar team of co-workers, a really cool office, and lots of fun activities. Oh yeah, and we pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).
The privacy of your personal information is important to us, click here to review our privacy notice.