Urban Mobility Strategist at Via
As Urban Mobility Strategist, you’ll elevate the prominence of microtransit as a transportation mode by overseeing ambitious evidence-based research projects, sharing new knowledge as an expert evangelist at industry events and through original publications, developing sophisticated commercial proposals using proprietary modeling and planning tools, and managing special transportation consulting projects. This role is based in NYC and reports to the Head of Global Business Development.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Scope and implement research projects showing how microtransit helps communities achieve desirable policy outcomes by complementing, and in some cases replacing, legacy transportation modes.
- Share findings at conferences and on panels and publish them in transportation and urban planning publications, academic journals, white papers, op-ed’s, and blog posts.
- Systematically monitor goings-on in the mobility space, identify and analyze key issues, and share action-oriented analysis.
- Leverage Via’s advanced tools and extensive best practices to develop compelling responses to solicitations from cities and transit agencies.
- Manage complex transportation consulting projects by working with internal stakeholders -- on the Data Science, Finance, Business Development, Public Policy, and Communications teams -- and vendors, academic researchers, and public sector partners.
- An expert urban design and/or transportation planning professional with multiple years of experience managing transportation design projects and, preferably, a portfolio of published articles.
- A true believer in the social, economic, and environmental benefits of microtransit as a mode; you love challenging the conventional wisdom and don’t shy away from controversy.
- A passion for learning and communicating your discoveries to the broadest possible audience
- Exceptional analytical skills, both qualitative and quantitative; you are also a superb writer (your colleagues have told you so -- maybe you’ve even won awards).
- An advanced degree in urban design, city, and/or transportation planning from a top-tier graduate school (PhD preferred).
At Via, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. We’re building revolutionary technology that’s changing the way people get around. It's on-demand transit on a mass scale, a smarter transportation that’s friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in Singapore, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the world’s biggest cities and is sought after by prominent transportation players globally. We’ve provided more than 50 million shared rides already, and we’re growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 15 countries and deployments in more than 50 markets, with a goal of hundreds of deployments within the next two years. If you’re someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, and loves getting things done, we’d love to hear from you!
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.