We're looking for a VP, Head of Clinical Research Products to help us accomplish our mission of improving lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team, and why you'll love making Flatiron Health the next step in your career.
Research at Flatiron
Flatiron has created the largest network of oncology patients in the US with 3 million deidentified patient records available for research. Our products leverage our best-in-class technical and data processing infrastructure as well as industry expertise to generate novel insights that accelerate cancer research and improve outcomes for cancer patients). We partner with top academic cancer centers and health systems, our network of 280+ community oncology practices, and 15 of the top therapeutic oncology companies to apply these learnings to accelerating research and bringing effective therapies to market faster.
What You'll Do
In this role, you will report to the VP of Product Management & Operations for Flatiron Research, with the mandate to establish a new business unit within the organization intended to capitalize on Flatiron’s unique healthcare provider network, its health tech product expertise, and its growing clinical research expertise in order to build a prospective research business. This unit is expected to create new, fully interoperable data and software products and services intended to disrupt the oncology clinical research environment, as well as build a fully “end to end” clinical research organization that integrates these same software solutions into its processes and product offerings.
In this role, you will oversee product managers and lead cross-functional teams to deliver on the vision, partnering closely with the Chief Medical Officer who will establish or expand the medical, clinical operational, regulatory, biostatistics and data management, drug safety and quality expertise to support this product line. Specifically, you’ll be responsible for developing the strategies, roadmap and implementation plans to apply Flatiron Health’s unique assets in support of this new business unit. In addition, you will:
- Lead multiple cross-functional teams in the design, development, and rollout of software and data-driven products to revolutionize clinical trials
- Articulate our vision to sponsors, sites and other stakeholders, and rebalance priorities based on what we learn
- Hire and manage top talent
- Seek out ambiguous or undefined problems as opportunities; be intellectually curious and hungry to learn about new areas
- Be the voice of our customers; empathize with their problems and obsess over how to solve them
- Work effectively across a broad range of talented colleagues, including software developers, informaticists, oncologists, quantitative scientists, and clinical operations specialists
- Become an authority in the oncology and clinical research industry; teach our teams about the biggest opportunities for our company and products
This is a great opportunity to take on a leadership role in our cutting-edge scientific work, and to collaborate with industry leading experts in a number of fields.
Who You Are
You're an experienced general manager, business unit lead or product manager with 10+ years of experience in the clinical trials industry, either directly running trials or at a healthcare technology company in the clinical research space.
- You have 10+ years of experience, including 5+ years of direct managerial experience
- You have biopharma and clinical trials experience; oncology experience a plus
- You have experience building or running a business unit or product line
- You’ve led cross-functional teams to deliver on ambitious goals
- You have excellent client facing and internal communication skills, detail orientation, and ability to execute
- You have experience with data science tools like R, SAS, or SQL a plus
You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves and using technology to tackle meaningful problems every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives honest feedback and values the chance to improve the lives of cancer patients.
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care—all under one roof. Researchers, academics, oncologists, engineers and more all work together here to deliver better solutions. This means we have a chance to touch more lives and deliver better outcomes for patients.
You'll also find exceptional benefits, a culture of continuous learning and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between, including:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more!
- Career coaching opportunities
- Quarterly Hackathons for all employees
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that encourage our employees to share their unique experiences and perspectives
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Backup child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
It's an opportunity to be a part of something bigger than yourself. Learn more about our culture, our values and apply today.
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.