VP, Product Management
Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to build thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
Our mission gives us the opportunity to transform people's lives. In turn, we are also transforming ourselves and how we approach product. We work in agile, cross-functional teams that are empowered to focus on outcomes and impact, with a mix of experimentation and shipping execution.
We are looking for an experienced product leader to oversee the talent, craft, and execution of product management at Meetup. You will partner with and report to the Chief Product Officer, and be peers with our VP of Design and VP of Product Engineering. This role requires an ambitious blend of people management skills, product vision, business savvy, and knowledge of the modern product management craft.
What You'll Do:
- Advance the craft of modern product management at Meetup through mentorship and management
Partner with the CPO and other colleagues to drive product strategy
- Ensure Meetup's agile, cross-functional product teams make sound decisions on what to work on, how to work, how to learn, how to ship, how to address technical and UX debt, and how to effectively release high-value software that creates business and customer value
- Collaborate closely with product, design and engineering leadership to manage the size, composition, and process of your product teams
- Help the company at the intersection of business, product, design and technology, by effectively navigating and influencing at all levels of the organization
Who you are:
- You want to create a world where people can turn to each other to improve their lives
- You have 10+ years of experience in product and proven experience managing product teams to deliver phenomenal outcomes
- You have deep exposure to the true complexities of shipping software at scale, across Web and mobile platforms, and to an international audience
- You're a leader who effectively communicates vision and inspiration -- not just to your teammates, but with your colleagues across all disciplines
- You bring a well-balanced approach to your product design instincts and your solid understanding of strategy, business and finance
- You have a non-dogmatic care for great product process, and hands-on exposure to methodologies like agile, lean, and design thinking
- Product experience with a two-sided marketplace is a strong plus
Meetup employees are bold, supportive, and passionate about empowering people to come together and create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and building diverse, dynamic teams in a safe and inclusive environment.