VP of Product
Stash is a digital-first financial services company committed to making saving and investing accessible to everyone. By breaking down barriers and building transparent, technology-driven products, we help the 99% build smarter financial habits so they can confidently save more, grow wealth, and enjoy life.
As VP of Product, you will report directly to our Chief Product Officer and be responsible for strategizing, developing, delivering and executing on our product roadmap and vision. Managing a diverse team of Product Managers, you will evangelize product strategy and drive thought leadership while working to coach, grow and develop each individual member of your team.
This is an incredible opportunity for a true leader and product visionary with proven success shipping software products in the startup ecosystem, to join the fastest growing financial services app in the United States. The time is NOW.
What you’ll do:
- Help lead and set the company’s strategic direction, defining and articulating new opportunities, and working in close concert with executive leadership, our technology team, and various business teams to articulate specific goals
- Create the vision and articulate the short and long-term product strategy for our product teams, ensuring alignment with the Product Roadmap for the larger Stash organization
- Own the delivery and clear messaging of strategy and goals to Product teams and ensuring delivery against them
- Represent the customer by building impactful, personal relationships, championing them and bringing their voice into the product creation process
- Own our KPI’s, metrics and acquisition numbers inside and out and be prepared to discuss growth objectives at the drop of a hat
- Own the role of player/coach, rolling up your sleeves to work alongside your team, while providing thoughtful guidance, strong leadership development, mentorship and coaching for a team of product managers
What we’re looking for:
- 10+ years experience in technology, with at least 5 years leading high-performance teams in a fast-paced organization
- Deep experience owning roadmaps, product strategy and understanding how to rally teams behind and execute upon a thorough long-term plan
- Strong understanding of all facets of bringing a product to market including: market analysis, product-market fit, positioning strategy, MVP's, go-to-market strategy, pricing, testing, iterating based off of testing results, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with optimizing Conversion funnels, Site analytics, Site Testing in a B2C environment
- Familiar with product development in Agile environments; experience with squad structures a plus
- Superior communication skills, including the ability to crystallize and broadly socialize insights into stakeholder needs that the stakeholders themselves may not be able to articulate
- Familiarity and comfort with data, data science including the ability to use data to analyze and monitor product KPI metrics
- Ability to weigh competing priorities, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with stakeholders, driving to consensus while maintaining a clear focus on overarching business priorities
- Experience with the OKR process of goal setting
- Strong ability to collaborate with C-level executives and work collaboratively with a driven leadership team
- BA required; MBA a plus.
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits, Perks, & More!:
* Equity In Stash * Flexible Vacation
* Four Family-Friendly Medical Plans * Two Dental & One Vision Insurance Plan
* 401k * Learning & Development Stipend
* Commuter Benefits * Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
* Employee Referral Bonuses * Stocked Fridges & Kitchens
* Thursday Happy Hours * Catered Lunch on Fridays
* Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Built in NYC's Best Places to work in 2019
- Built in NYC’s Startups to Watch in 2018
- Wall Street Journal's "Top 25 Tech Companies To Watch" in 2018
- MarCom Awards 2018 Double Gold & Platinum Winner
- 2017 Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and Banking category
- 2017 W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience
**No recruiters, please.