Cedar is improving the healthcare financial experience. Our technology improves the overall experience of patient billing and engagement, enabling providers to thrive in a rapidly changing environment while helping patients understand the cost of their care.
The VP of Product will be responsible for overseeing and driving our product planning process for the product team, in addition to empowering our commercial and development teams to execute on our vision of creating the healthcare consumer interface of the future. As a key leader at Cedar, the VP of Product will work closely with commercial leaders, our clients, our “maker” functions, key executives, and our board to define product strategy.
We’re looking for a veteran product leader who realizes that product is about empowering others to achieve exciting visions. The ideal candidate will be excited by the thought of shaping industry-changing product vision but is also pragmatic and smart in their approach to executing on that vision. Additionally, this candidate will have excellent judgment and taste needed to work on a product that touches both enterprises and consumers and can partner effectively with technical and commercial leaders to rapidly develop new products.
- Ownership of product planning and prioritization across all product lines and market segments.
- Ownership of go-to-market strategy and process. You will be responsible for developing a repeatable process to launch new products & features, as well as defining how our product development maps to our commercial strategy.
- Manage the product team, including hiring and team structure.
- Define our product strategy. You will be responsible for developing a compelling thesis of how the healthcare consumer technology market will evolve, and adapt our product strategy to ensure Cedar remains the leading innovator in the space.
- Contribute to Cedar culture. As a key leader, you are responsible for exemplifying positive values.
Skills & Experience
- 6+ years of product management experience
- 3+ year of experience managing product teams, preferably in a high-growth start-up environment
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to influence & lead at a company level
- Experience working with enterprise technology clients, preferably at a C-level
- Experience in healthcare technology is ideal but not a strict requirement
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly with 200,000 engaged patients a day as of May 2020
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
- Daily team lunch and unlimited healthy snacks at our NYC office