VP of Product at Remesh
Remesh was founded in 2014 with the mission to create a technology that could truly represent the collective intelligence of the people and amplify their unified voice. To date, we have raised $38 million to execute this mission. We are excited to be disrupting the $70+ billion insights industry.
We are a team of passionate, motivated, and intelligent people, with a touch of quirk (i.e., we have fun)! We are all united by a mission to build a platform that can help people truly understand each other - across political, geographical, and cultural divides - to help make the world a better, more understanding place.
We believe in the power of discovering the Truth which requires engaging with each other, exchanging ideas, and having a dialogue with groups of people at a massive scale. The Remesh platform is dynamic in that it can scale live conversation of one-to-several people to one-to-many. It uses NLP and machine learning to analyze, understand, and segment participant responses to questions and prompts, online and in real time. Through this process, our customers are able to quickly draw out actionable insights as they engage hundreds of participants simultaneously.
At Remesh, the VP of Product is responsible for developing, maintaining, communicating and executing the product strategy and roadmap. The successful candidate will set organizational product goals, maintain expectations, and deliver on these significant organizational goals. In order to create this strategy and roadmap, one needs to understand the various aspects of the job. This entails having a thorough understanding of the technical aspect of our business in order to have a sense of what kind of problems can realistically be solved. Similarly, understanding the sales aspect of business will help prioritize what will drive growth. It is expected that the successful candidate has a deep understanding of the markets that Remesh is currently serving and the markets that Remesh can potentially serve.
Being able to articulate the vision of the product is essential in this role. This successful candidate will oversee a team of product designers and managers and work with them to support their day-to-day needs. Internally, the VP of Product will meet with employees to ensure they have all the information, business intelligence, and tools they need to learn, grow, and be successful. This role is responsible for designing, implementing, and leading an agile product process and the communication of this process to the product team. Cross-functionally, the successful candidate will be working closely with the executive team to prioritize problems and how to solve them. Additionally, in collaboration with the sales and customer success team, this position plays an essential role in gathering information about customer needs to further refine the product. To be successful in this role, the candidate will need to be able to work well with others in an ambiguous environment. The VP of Product reports to the CEO.
- Providing the product team with the appropriate business intelligence and tools so they can make informed decisions regarding the product
- Identifying key measures to capture produce success
- Creating career paths and setting clear milestones to direct reports
- Making recommendations based on the key business goals and drivers of the organization
- Communicating the product roadmap and current status to the executive team and overall team
- Conducting conversations with customers to understand their needs
- Working with a talent acquisition team to hire individuals who will contribute to Remesh
- Collaborating with VP of Engineering to aligned goals between the departments
- Reporting updates to the board on goals, changes, and strategy to the board quarterly
- A high understanding of good agile process for a product team
- Clear and effective communication, both verbal and written, within and between teams
- Background in interacting with customers in a way that represents the business well
- Ability to articulate a forward-thinking vision of the product and where it’s going
- 10+ years of experience in a software company
- 5+ years in Product Management and working with fast-paced growing startups
- 3+ years of strategic leadership experience and managing a team
- 3+ years in B2B SaaS
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience in market research
- 15+ years of experience in a software company
- 10+ years in Product Management and working with fast-paced growing startups
- 5+ years of strategic leadership experience and managing a team
- 5+ years in B2B SaaS
- Medical/dental/vision coverage
- 401K plan
- Flexible work arrangements pending supervisor approval
- An enviable snack pantry
- An energetic team that celebrates, often
- Stipend for ongoing learning
- An office in the heart of Manhattan’s Flatiron District