VP of Product at Resy
WHO WE ARE:
Resy is the American Express global dining platform. Our mission is to power the world’s best restaurants, using technology to imagine the future of hospitality. We serve 5,000 restaurants globally.
Our customers discover the amazing world of restaurants thanks to our content-rich website and innovative mobile app. Our diners are insiders, and we love having them at the table.
We’re hiring, too. Interested in joining our team of restaurant-obsessed explorers? Right this way.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Are you a product management leader who balances well the strategic envisioning with the execution and delivery? Are you a customer advocate who is used to finding opportunities, setting direction, and influencing releases? Do you act as a catalyst to help teams realize the value of their work and bring out the best team performance? Are you passionate about the craft of product management? Are you effective facilitating, mentoring and helping other product managers realize their full potential? Join our team of top-tier product managers and lead them to deliver future versions of Resy!
The right candidate will have:
- A proven track record of success in portfolio managing and delivering software solutions targeting restaurants and consumers (diners)
- Deep experience crafting forward-thinking product strategies while balancing technical realities
- Management experience, including growing and mentoring a distributed team with end-to-end inbound and outbound product responsibilities
- Skills to optimally communicate product strategy to all of the relevant partners
- Excellent writing skills
- Proven technical skills — while not expected to write production code, you should be comfortable diving into new code, exploring APIs, dealing with support escalations, reviewing pull requests, and speaking authoritatively on any of the technical aspects of the tools in your portfolio
- Decisiveness and accountability
- Explore the problem space, interact with the customers, formulate the vision and maintain the roadmap, keeping it aligned with the company’s strategic priorities
- Help define and implement the strategic direction for ResyOS and Resy Web/App
- Deeply understand all aspects of the business — your job is to ensure a business outcome, not just product definition!
- Lead key product management processes, prioritize work across teams and rebalance priorities to respond to changes
- Mine data to make smarter products and go-to-market decisions
- Work cross functionally with engineering teams to achieve seamless and well-integrated solutions that delight users
- Encourage and challenge the team to achieve more than they think is possible in the long run, ensuring that goals are ambitious yet achievable
- Grow team members’ proficiencies; provide ongoing and impactful feedback, coaching, and mentorship that helps their directs improve their performance
- Help build and maintain a work environment that promotes teamwork, intellectual integrity, ownership, mutual respect, the power of differences, and colleague satisfaction
- Advocate for our customers with passion about operational performance, predictability, and security
Resy is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a diverse team of employees and creating an inclusive environment for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.