At Noom, we use scientifically proven methods to help our users create healthier lifestyles, and manage important conditions like Type-II Diabetes, Obesity, and Hypertension. With over 1000 employees worldwide, we employ a global workforce that changes the lives of hundreds of thousands of people every day.
We are looking for an Academic Partnership Manager to join our organization and help Noom’s Research Team with researching and writing academic papers, managing a randomized control trial, and being involved with our collaborative and growing research team. This is a unique opportunity to expand your research experience working directly with weight loss mobile software, passionate users, a clinical psychologist and a dynamic interdisciplinary team. The ideal candidate is a "professional student" who loves to research, write, and is highly organized.
What You'll Like About Us
- We work on problems that affect the lives of real people. Our users depend on us to make positive changes to their health and their lives.
- We base our work on scientifically-proven, peer-reviewed methodologies that are designed by medical professionals.
- We are a data-driven company through and through.
- We offer a generous budget for personal development expenses like training courses, conferences, and books.
- You'll get three weeks' paid vacation and a flexible work policy.
- Delicious (and nutritious) daily lunches and snacks prepared by Sam, our NYC office on-site chef.
What we like about you:
- You have extensive experience in project management
- You are great at managing clinical research partnerships
- You love researching, reading and writing literature reviews
- You are a great communicator
- You are super fast, but detailed in organizing parallel projects
- You love stats. You don't have to run all the analyses, but you know exactly what they mean.
- You are able to be involved with presenting research at conferences
- You don’t mind other duties and projects as assigned
- At least one year experience in a research setting (e.g., Research Coordinator).
- Have at least 5 publications, where 2-3 papers involved multiple team management
- MA, MS or PhD in psychology or a related field
- Living in the NYC area
- Highly organized, and able to work autonomously and meet deadlines
- Exemplary at stats, data management
- Great interpersonal skills, are non-competitive, and enjoy working with a team
Please apply with resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please explain why you’re the best fit for this position, and why you’re interested in working for Noom.