Agile Coach at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 30th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2019, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2019. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Passionate about implementing strategy and influencing collaboration amongst tech teams? We have an exciting opportunity to join MSK as Agile Coach reporting into our Director of Agile Transformation. You will play a key role in influencing our squads, leaders, and business units on agile principles, values, and how to build an agile organization.
What you'll be doing:
- Work with squads to establish best practices and deliver hands-on coaching/training workshops
- Interact directly with teams to guide them on the mechanics of Lean and Agile methods to achieve optimal team effectiveness
- Expose our tech org to the latest innovative thinking and ideas from the Agile community
- Embrace servant leadership and display the behaviors that come with the key mindset shifts associated with Agile methods
- Assist with the identification, collection, and reporting on Agile Practice metrics and measurements.
- Develop and deliver presentations to various levels of leadership and facilitate working sessions to identify resolutions to barriers to scaling the use of Agile
Who you are:
- 3+ years large-scale, SAFe Agile coaching with methods such as XP, Scrum, Lean, or Kanban
- *SAFe Certified Scrum Master, Product Owner or equivalent
- Deep knowledge of Agile principles and practices and the ability to transfer that understanding at all levels of the organization
- Experience with organizational change management and independently transitioning technical teams to an Agile environment; exposure facilitating digital transformation a strong plus
- Able to balance conflict resolution, facilitating discussion and alternatives of different approaches
Competitive compensation packages | Sick Time | Generous Vacation + 12 holidays to recharge & refuel | Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care | 403b retirement savings plan match | Tuition Reimbursement | Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance | Commuter Spending Account | Fitness Discounts & Wellness Program | Resource Networks | Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility
We believe in communication, transparency, and thinking beyond your 8-hour day @ MSK. It’s important to us that you have a sense of impact, community, and work/life balance to be and feel your best.
Our Hiring Process
You read the ad, agree it sounds like a great fit & apply -> Talent Acquisition contacts you to schedule a phone interview (if your profile aligns)-> after speaking with the Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will connect with the Hiring Manager by phone or video call -> if your experience is a fit, you will move forward to an on-site visit or video call with the team -> post interview feedback -> ideally an offer! -> reference check & onboarding -> orientation & official welcome to MSK
We look forward to meeting soon!
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.