Agile Project Manager
We combine the culture of a startup with the stability and backing of a Fortune 500 company to create an environment that's truly unique.
Our diverse team is comprised of smart, collaborative people who think big, execute quickly and don't take themselves too seriously. We're located in New York's Flatiron District and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too.
If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you.
- Manage dependencies, development and implementation activities across multiple projects using Agile Principles.
- Challenge the status quo for interfacing organizations/systems to adapt framework to our unique environment.
- Support Project Team through:
- Identifying, communicating, and managing dependencies within and across teams
- Removing impediments preventing project progress
- Mediating through conflicts
- Helping to facilitate quick decision making
- Help prioritize workload and determine trade-offs of scope/budget/calendar
- Support Product Owner through:
- Helping to deliver product vision
- Roadmap development for work within and across teams
- Release Planning and Management
- Being familiar with the team’s work, allowing appropriate workload planning for each release.
- Negotiate trade-offs between multiple competing priorities
- Facilitate and communicate key dependencies identified, and resolutions to key issues, and key decisions.
- Lead project team meetings to maintain adherence to project timelines and requirements.
- Identify key risks and issues, and develop mitigation plan. Effectively resolve issues under aggressive timelines. Understanding who to bring together to rapidly resolve issues.
- Help team define key project metrics and develop tools to track and report metrics.
- Create a community of information sharing on what’s working and challenges within the organization.
- Utilize agile/adaptable delivery method for management of large strategic initiatives and smaller enhancement projects.
- Assess project health, identify key problem areas, and focus resources to turn troubled projects around.
- BS/BA required
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing strategic projects
- Strong project management skills including: conceptualization; analysis; driving alignment; planning resources; managing milestones and objectives, and Agile practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience implementing dependency management process
- Comfortable making decisions with limited data
- Entrepreneurial minded and driven self-starter with extensive experience in an agile/adaptable environment and demonstrated success in the following areas:
- Influencing stakeholders who don’t have a direct reporting relationship
- Leading through ambiguity with the ability to get to clarity to provide team clear direction
- Ability to negotiate win-win outcomes
- Relevant experience in working for (or with) a consumer start-up preferred, not required.
- Interest in financial services a plus.
- This position is based out of our Manhattan office.
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship.
We have a stellar team of co-workers, a really cool office, and lots of fun activities. Oh yeah, and we pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).
The privacy of your personal information is important to us, click here to review our privacy notice.