Assistant Site Merchandiser (Temp to Perm) at Rent the Runway
About Rent the Runway:
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 650 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members and employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.
The Assistant Site Merchandiser is responsible for enhancing the overall product experience on the RTR website and app. This role will be responsible for managing the accuracy and set-up of our product database. The Assistant Site Merchandiser will focus specifically on managing the receipt to site process and will work cross-functionally with Buying, Production, Planning & Operations in order to execute timely and accurate product publish.
- Ensure customer experiences are seamless throughout the funnel through set-up and maintenance of product pages, designer pages and more throughout the seasons.
- Manage aspects of item creation necessary to publish products to the website; coordinate with cross functional teams (Buying, Studio, Merchandising Operations) to gather all necessary data for product to go-live on time.
- Work cross-functionally, especially with Buying and Marketing teams, to relentlessly maintain solid understanding of brand priorities and ever-changing product assortment to deliver appropriate representation on-site.
- Manage the execution of timely and accurate product launches, including product descriptions, fit/sizing guidance, imagery, and product attributes.
- Maintain databases of product attribute data with best in class merchandising.
- Manage the product upload process for new inventory & pull together all product set up information including new designer creation.
- Collaborate with Buying team on-boarding new designer assets needs for successful launch on the RTR website.
- Assist in managing photo shoot samples and logistics by collaborating with Sample Coordinators and Buying to ensure correct and timely visual assets for PDP.
- Work with a cross functional team to ensure that all site QA call-outs are executed efficiently and submit/manage/close issue tracks as needed in regards to these issues.
- Partner with Site Merchandising Manager to ensure product merchandising is reflective of strategies and understand its impact on the customer experience.
- Meet digital initiative deadlines and take on additional projects, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 1 year of site merchandising or buying experience.
- Strong computer skills are a must; proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel & Powerpoint).
- Effectively cope with change & shift gears comfortably; able to make effective decisions without always having the big picture.
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Aptitude for being organized with flexibility and for delivering results in a fast-paced environment.
- Pro-collaborative personality; ability to use feedback from others in a constructive way.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics & CMS Experience a plus.
- A keen visual eye, sense of style and knowledge of fashion trends a plus.
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!