Associate, Global Logistics at Harry's
About the role
The Logistics Associate will help develop and manage the day to day relationships with our logistics or transportation partners (freight forwarders, carriers, customs brokers and distribution, etc). As a functional lead, you will assist with developing the necessary logistics strategy and infrastructure for future product and brand growth. You will partner with our planning, sourcing, R&D, accounting, finance, commercial and DTC teams to ensure best in class customer experience, while continuously improving and optimizing our logistics operations.You’ll also help monitor, manager, compile and report out logistics business metrics to internal and external audiences.
About the team
The Global Distribution & Logistics team, based in New York City, oversees the flow of our product from point of supply/manufacturer to our end customers worldwide. We manage a global supply chain network that aims to provide best-in-class service to all stakeholders. We are part of the global end-to-end supply chain team, that seeks to improve its efficiency, cost, speed and flow of it’s supply functions. We like to work hard and play hard and continue to build a high performing team.
What you’ll do
- Continue to develop our logistics partner relationships to build a best in class logistics framework
- Logistics Lead for new brand and product launches
- Managing and monitoring ongoing performance of logistics metrics (i.e. on-time delivery and compliance metrics)
- Enhance and maintain our logistics cost model
- Identify and implement logistics cost optimization initiative within Harry’s supply chain by using continuous improvement or lean tools
- Manage logistics capabilities with other channel leads
- Run ad hoc and regular reporting to report on Logistics KPIs or performance
- Be a part of a team to help develop our long-term logistics strategy and capabilities
- Work with our internal stakeholders to make logistics a competitive capability
- Help audit and actualize logistics spend
This should describe you
- Numerically and analytically minded - strong in building out models or telling a story in Excel
- Strong attention to detail. You are comfortable going deep into the weeds while always considering the bigger picture
- Sense of urgency: bias for taking action. A high level of motivation, disciplined mindset, and self-starting capability required to achieve aggressive expectations in a fast paced environment
- Comfortable making informed decisions with imperfect or incomplete information
- You are an active learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around
- You are customer focused - always looking to see a challenge through the eyes of our customers
- Process oriented. Whether you’re creating a process or following a process, you believe process is not a substitute for (but rather a conduit for) great communication
- Strong, proactive and effective communication, teamwork, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to stay organized, multi-task and prioritize
- Understanding of supply chain product flow
- Sense of humor
Here’s who you’ll work with
- Reporting to Global Logistics Manager
- You will work cross functionally with many teams including but not limited to DTC, Sourcing, Planning, IT, Engineering, Analytics, Customer Service, Accounting, Finance, R&D, and Quality
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.