Associate, Institutional Operations
Help us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Business Operations
Our Business Operations team is a group of highly talented and dynamic contributors who work to proactively establish Gemini as both an industry-leading exchange for institutional trading of digital assets, as well as the most secure exchange for retail customers to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency. Each individual ensures that our customers and clients have the best experience possible during the onboarding process, and are there to provide excellent support when customers and clients need help, have a question, or are looking to provide feedback to improve our services.
The Role: Associate, Institutional Operations
At Gemini, our Support Associates work alongside the brightest minds in a fast-paced and evolving industry. They ensure excellent service standards, respond efficiently to customer inquiries, and maintain high satisfaction.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by adding efficiency to our thorough onboarding process. The ideal candidate is eager to help us continue to provide a positive experience for new institutional clients, and won't hesitate to roll up their sleeves when needed and work cross-functionally with our Compliance and Customer Support teams to provide assistance with specific requests.
This position is full-time at Gemini’s offices in New York City, and will report to the Director, Technology Exchange Services.
- Ownership of onboarding process for new institutional clients, which includes:
- Serving as the initial point of contact for onboarding of institutional clients
- Ensuring that onboarding documents are complete and collected in a timely manner
- Ensuring best practices for high-touch interaction between institutional clients, Sales and the broader Support teams
- Partnering with the Compliance Account Review team during the monthly account recertification process, which includes:
- Populating account recertification forms with the current customer information on file
- Communicating directly with customers to ensure accuracy of information as well as timely completion of the recertification process
- Assisting the Retail Customer Support team as needed with customer outreach and issue resolution
- 2-4+ years of experience in financial services support
- Experience with client onboarding and KYC/customer due diligence processes
- Understanding of business organizational structures and various types of corporate documents
- A strong desire to create positive and meaningful interactions with clients
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Confident verbal communication and polished written communication
- Proficiency with G Suite (especially Drive, Docs, and Sheets)
- Some experience with:
- Microsoft Excel
- Salesforce or other CRM platforms
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.