Associate, Life Sciences Partnerships at Flatiron Health
We're looking for an Associate to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll work with the Life Sciences Partnerships team to support our biopharma partners in advancing their research priorities using Flatiron Research offerings. You'll bring to the team a deep understanding of the healthcare industry, an analytical approach to problem solving, and client management and organizational skills and be a part of a cross-functional team focused on transformational change in the area of cancer research. In addition, you'll also:
- Support Flatiron’s strategic approach to long term partnerships with biopharma users of our research offerings, as well as other strategic collaborators (e.g., government / regulatory, HTA, and advocacy groups)
- Become a subject matter expert on Flatiron’s offerings and reliably represent our capabilities to advance the research priorities of our biopharma partners
- Support our partners in their use of Flatiron’s research offerings by facilitating data and analytical onboarding sessions, identifying value-added opportunities for RWE and supporting onsite client meetings to collect feedback and support use cases (anticipated travel: <20%)
- Support development of new business proposals -- directly contributing to Flatiron revenues across the Research business
- Support advancement of internal Flatiron initiatives and priorities (e.g., identifying future growth opportunities, optimizing internal ways of working, etc.)
- Act as the voice of the customer across internal functional groups (product, research clinicians, quantitative science, engineering, business development, legal and finance team members) as a key influencer of go-to-market strategy
Who You Are
You're a collaborator with 2+ years of experience in client facing roles. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have a B.A. or B.S. (preferred discipline in biologic sciences, economics, engineering, biostatistics or similar)
- You have 2+ years of experience in client-facing roles of increasing responsibility, delivering products, services or analyses to life science companies, in organizations such as:
- Healthcare focused analytics firm
- Health tech firm
- Top 3 consulting firm
- Life sciences consulting firm
- You are involved in different innovative projects in the healthcare industry, ideally oncology, that involve managing project timelines, data analyses, supporting client communication and cross-functional team collaboration
- You are interested in engaging directly with biopharma partners to help advance their research and business related strategies using RWE
- You have the ability to juggle multiple client interactions and deadlines simultaneously
- You have the agility to work across and develop relationships with diverse, cross-functional teams
- You are detail oriented with a strong desire to develop content expertise (e.g., RWE, clinical oncology, HEOR)
- You are comfortable with ambiguity
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- You have experience owning client relationships
- You have Oncology experience
- You have experience analyzing real world clinical data (e.g., claims, EMR)
- You have past experience analyzing data using a statistical programming language (e.g., SQL, R, SAS, SPSS)
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.