We're looking for an Abstraction Operations Associate to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll work with the Abstraction Operations team to oversee capacity management of our large abstractor workforce to execute on abstraction projects across several different project lines and ensure successful delivery on a monthly basis.
Abstraction is critical to Flatiron’s business model. Much of the available, real-world clinical data is unstructured and stored across thousands of disconnected community clinics, medical centers and hospitals. At Flatiron, we have a large team of clinical abstractors who help us convert unstructured data to structured data by extracting key data points from clinical documents. Reporting to the Director of Unstructured Data Processing Operations, you will work in a fast-paced environment to:
- Lead and monitor the abstraction process for specific deliverables, tracking key performance indicators in the abstraction process and providing insight to help make data-driven decisions
- Identify trends and analyze data to proactively highlight potential operational issues and recommend workflow solutions to maintain reliability and efficiency in the abstraction process
- Design, document, and implement process and workflow improvement and workflows to streamline and scale operations
- Develop, visualize, and explain in-depth analysis to technical and non-technical team members to support decision-making
- Work cross-functionally to scope and execute projects that improve the efficiency and reliability of Flatiron’s abstraction operations, communicate with key cross functional stakeholders in Flatiron’s research organization
Who You Are:
You're an analytical thinker with a keen ability to dig into data to uncover insights, and a strong operational mindset. You are motivated by working with diverse collaborators to solve complex problems that matter. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have 2-3 years in an operations or tactical role
- You have strong SQL and Excel skills
- You have demonstrated strength in analyzing data and creating visualizations in business intelligence software (e.g., Dora, Tableau, etc.)
- You are able to easily learn new software systems and tools
- You have excellent project management, organizational, and communication skills
- You have the agility to develop relationships and work effectively with a diverse variety of clinical, business, and technical collaborators across Flatiron
- You are passionate about healthcare and the fight against cancer
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that encourage our employees to share their unique experiences and perspectives
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.