Associate Program - Korean Fluency (January) at AlphaSights
Korean Speaking Associate, Client Service Team
Interested in meeting the AlphaSights team at an event? View upcoming opportunities to connect here.
Available Start Dates: January 2022
Looking for a commercial role with high autonomy and the ability to make an impact up front? Do you want to work in a high-performance, high-support environment where you manage blue-chip client relationships? If so, the Associate Program is for you.
We are seeking a Client Service Associate fluent in Korean to join a strategic new international team based in New York. You will work closely with our Asia colleagues to scale our international business and apply your cross-cultural experiences and commercial training to deliver best in-class outcomes for our Asian clients.
AlphaSights is the global leader in knowledge on-demand. We connect investment and business leaders with a dynamic network of industry professionals whose informed perspectives help our clients make superior investment and business decisions. With 1200+ employees and nine offices across the US, Europe, Middle East, and Asia, AlphaSights regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world.
The Associate Role
You’ll act as the connection point between our clients and industry professionals. Your role is to understand the knowledge our clients need and identify the industry professionals with the expertise to meet those needs. You’ll spend considerable time on the phone and email reaching out to people and assessing whether they possess the knowledge our clients seek. Once you’ve found the right expert, you’ll connect them with our clients across a variety of formats (interviews, in-person meetings, surveys, etc.).
This is a fast-paced, sales-oriented role where you’ll work on several client requests at once. There is a clear focus on results and revenue generation — leading to transferable skill development in project management, sales, negotiation, client relationship building, and more.
As part of our international client service team (CST), you’ll be serving our Asia Consulting clients. Our CST members deeply understand their requests and knowledge needs and serve as clients’ strategic partners to ensure they’re well-equipped to leverage relevant perspectives across a wide variety of industries and regions. Responsibilities include:
- Working directly with APAC based clients, where you’ll be managing multiple client requests simultaneously
- Conducting high-level industry research to understand client requests
- Searching extensively for industry professionals across internal databases and external recruiting platforms
- Recruiting industry experts through warm and cold email/phone outreach, assessing their suitability for client needs
- Delivering excellent client service through proactive follow-ups and strategic recommendations
- Directly connecting industry experts with clients across service offerings (ie. 1:1 phone interviews, in-person meetings, etc.)
- Partnering and collaborating closely with internal teams across AlphaSights’ APAC offices to drive positive client outcomes
What We Look For
- Demonstrated Passion for Asia: An innate interest in working with Asian clients and business culture. You’re motivated by international business.
- Results Orientation: A clear focus on results, ability to look at every angle of a problem, and come up with actionable solutions. You’re motivated by meeting monthly targets.
- Drive: Enjoy setting ambitious goals and embrace a whatever-it-takes mindset. You enjoy challenging yourself and have an innate curiosity about the business world.
- Adaptability: Ability to pivot quickly, think on your feet, and embrace ambiguity and change with confidence, rather than self-doubt.
- Humility: You approach every day with a growth mindset. A better version of yourself is always on the horizon.
- Empathy: You seek to understand others’ experiences and perspectives and want to build lasting, trust-based relationships.
What We Offer
An enriching experience
- A comprehensive compensation package, including competitive base salary and monthly bonus, benefits, and perks
- Bright and driven peers that will push you to work hard and celebrate successes
- High responsibility and autonomy early in your career to work with our blue-chip clients
- A vibrant community built from the ground up that includes people of diverse backgrounds and experiences
- The opportunity to gain transferable skills helpful in this role and beyond
- The chance to manage your own team within 2-3 years and run your own multi-million book of business within 5-6 years. Learn more about our commercial career paths here.
The Interview Process
- Online gamified assessment, powered by Pymetrics
- First round video interview with Recruiting
- Language assessment (role dependent)
- Second round interview with client service management
- Final round interview with leadership
- Interview Process Outcome
- 0+ years work experience
- Bachelor's degree, with strong academic credentials and noteworthy extracurricular activities
- Fluency in English and Korean is essential
Please note that unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor visas for this position.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion at AlphaSights
AlphaSights is an equal opportunity employer. Read more about our commitment to DEI here.