The biggest bottleneck in bringing new treatments to patients is the clinical trial. On average, getting a drug through the trial process takes nearly a decade and frequently costs $1B+. And the problem is only getting worse.
TrialSpark is a new healthcare company that owns the end-to-end drug development process. Our proprietary technology allows us to integrate and improve clinical research for patients, providers, and sponsors, while executing clinical trials faster and cheaper.
The New Ventures team is responsible for building a new portfolio of biotech startups, by acquiring and in-licensing drug development programs that will be supported by TrialSpark’s clinical research engine. The Associate will
- thematically identify areas and therapeutic assets for TrialSpark to invest in
- support research and evaluation of those specific investment opportunities
- proactively source and manage strategic partnerships to enhance TrialSpark’s development capabilities
This position is core to the company’s mission and critically important to the company’s growth.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead therapeutic area diligence, including market, competitor, and commercial analysis
- Evaluate drug assets based on scientific data and clinical development plans
- Build a scientific and business case, including returns analysis, for each potential investment and present directly to the CEO and Investment Committee. Associates are an active driver of the investment conversation, and will have to persuasively communicate ideas to the executive team and cross-functional leadership
- Support all aspects of the transaction process, including term sheet negotiations and documentation
- Lead sourcing, and outreach; network with academics, patient advocacy groups, KOLs, biotechs, and entrepreneurs
- Research and write theses to identify investments and identify strategic partnerships (e.g. international expansion, commercial capabilities, and digital health integrations) to expand TrialSpark’s capabilities.
Required education and experience
- Familiarity with licensing transactions within the biopharma industry and therapeutic specific due diligence
- Excellent communication skills, proven ability to work collaboratively internally and externally
- Entrepreneurial, independent, and highly-organized. A self-starter who can proactively fill in the gaps, and a desire to build a truly transformative company that sits at the intersection of tech and biotechnology.
Preferred education and experience
- Strong aptitude with a genuine curiosity around innovation in science. Advanced technical degree is an advantage. MBA preferred, but not required.
- Candidates with experience in life sciences investment banking or venture capital are preferred. Will also consider experience from biotech equity research, life sciences business development, or top tier consulting firm.
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.