Business Operations Consultant at Haven Life
Haven Life is an insurtech innovator at MassMutual that offers a new way to get life insurance online that's actually simple.
We combine the culture of a startup with the stability and backing of a Fortune 500 company to create an environment that's truly unique. Our diverse team is comprised of smart, collaborative people who think big, execute quickly and don't take themselves too seriously. We're located in New York's Flatiron District and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too.
If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
The Business Operations Consultant will be the main point of contact for all finance operations that flow through our platform including vendor partners and the MassMutual financial operations team. This role will be responsible for strategizing and executing financial operations of both new products as well as continuous improvement on existing. This individual will work with internal and external partners within this highly matrixed operating model to execute financial controls and oversee processes that will best meet the needs of our internal and external customers.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Works closely with business leaders/team members to execute the operational processes and support organizational goals.
- Plays a role in the servicing provider relationship including facilitation of operations checkpoints, and monitoring of service provider performance
- Has knowledge of best practices and suggests how to improve current practices.
- Develops solutions through root-cause analysis of complex issues
- Reconciles, approves, and facilitates commission statements and payments
- Monitors suspense to meet SLA’s
- Recommends enhancements for finance, commission, compliance, customer-facing improvements, time or cost-saving features
- Assists with internal or external audits including the Department of Insurance, Compliance and Corporate and Market Conduct Exams
- 3+ years of experience in financial operations for insurance products or related field
- Demonstrates ability to work independently and with management on highly visible, complex projects; works effectively with all levels of business leadership
- Drives continuous improvement and efficiencies beyond own scope of responsibility
- Must be able to travel to our NY and Springfield MA offices as needed
- Establishes credibility within the team, partners, and the Enterprise through knowledge and conduct
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
- Executing on and taking ownership of work that benefits company goals and objectives.
- Being intellectually curious, pro-actively seeking to learn things you don't know, and thinking about ways to constantly improve.
- Helping others succeed, supporting a culture of collaboration and inclusion, and modeling professional behavior including being humble and respectful.
- Take responsibility for your own actions and the actions of the team and you hold others to this standard.
- Anticipates and raises issues early when they see obstacles to achieving a goal (individual, team, or org), and takes initiatives to address independently
- Recognizes issues and identifies solutions beyond the confines of one's own team
- Demonstrates an understanding of the business context of their projects and how they would impact business metrics
We have a stellar team of co-workers, a really cool office, and lots of fun activities. Oh yeah, and we pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).
The privacy of your personal information is important to us, click here to review our privacy notice.