Business Operations Program Manager at DigitalOcean
As the Program Manager on the Business Operations team, you will drive program delivery for a varied set of programs that will be instrumental in scaling the business. Initially, you will partner closely with the VP of Information Technology to deliver programs including CRM, HRIS, and Billing Systems. This individual will be an experienced and exceptional cross-functional leader who loves driving change within an organization and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
In this role, you will establish effective ways of working between the various teams that contribute to our objectives and amplify the efficiency of complex, cross-disciplinary programs. You will take ownership of the programs you are driving, focusing on collaboration to achieve outcomes. You will be a proactive collaborator at all times while driving consensus where needed and influencing decisions when teams are stuck.
Join our Business Operations team and help to amplify simplicity and quality across DigitalOcean.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Drive project management for major IT and other business programs including planning, prioritizing, executing, and measuring project success
- Effectively communicate to ensure program requirements, timelines, purposes, objectives and expectations are understood and supported by internal and external teams
- Aid in resolving conflicts, demands, and priorities on assigned programs
- Proactively manage changes in project scope. Work unplanned program issues to a best solution, including development of plans forward, escalation, and increased resources. Recognize risk and form mitigation plans as required
- Communicate program status to senior leadership, including C-Suite, with easy-to-read progress reports, requirements documentation, and related presentations; including explaining technical topics to a non-technical audience
- Evangelize project management best practices across partner teams
- Proven track record for delivering cross-functional programs in a business setting on time and within budget in a fast-paced environment including assembly of project plans, leading the resolution of blocking issues, and with proper change management
- Experience delivering major systems transformation programs including some of the following: HRIS, CRM, Billing Systems
- Experience working in both agile and waterfall-based environments and with the Atlassian suite (Jira and Confluence), PMP or Scrum Certification and Scaled Agile Framework experience preferred. This includes project management tooling and delivering curated reports to different stakeholder levels across the business.
- Develop ways-of-working and drive decision making across multiple teams and locations; clear, consistent and concise communications are table stakes
- Ensure we are delivering sustainably and continuously improving
- The ability to distill ambiguous/complex initiatives into structured frameworks and concrete action plans
- Business-minded and passionate about the potential of leading multiple stakeholders toward achieving a common goal and using your expertise in managing projects to transform our business
- Implement and manage through any significant changes to ensure project goals are achieved
- A meticulously process and detail oriented mindset, yet able to lift out and prioritize with a focus on outcomes
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, ability to be personable yet persistent with authentic interpersonal interactions
- Ability to influence and work through others where direct reporting relationships do not exist
- Orientation to look for areas of agreement and a down to earth approach through conflict management with an ability to hear unvoiced concerns
- You are truly a “do-er”, willing to get hands-on solving any problems needed to help the program move forward
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Want to learn more about our Finance team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!