Care Strategy Lead
Cityblock Health is a new type of healthcare company, operating out of Brooklyn and backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs, along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to radically improve the health of urban communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we bring the capability to deliver care in the home and neighborhood with our field-based teams.
In close collaboration with community based organizations and a leading commercial partner, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. We deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services through a network of neighborhood hubs with deep community-based partnerships and world-class technology.
We partner with payers and at-risk providers, taking capitated financial risk to care for their most vulnerable, high and rising risk members. Additionally, we invest in strategic partnerships with community-based and social services organizations, in some instances bringing them into the value equation through sub-capitation and performance-based compensation.
Over the next year we’ll grow quickly, including entering new markets, each with their own commercial relationships and field-based teams. This role will be a key contributor to the success of our business.
- Serves as the clinical-operating lead of Cityblock's care strategy organization, driving ongoing design, experimentation and codification of care philosophy, care models and care pathways to drive member outcomes that align with contract, quality and regulatory requirements.
- Works with product, data and the markets to ensure clear reporting (including metric design and dashboarding) that allows for an understanding of key Care Strategy outcomes and for rapid iteration and experimentation as needed.
- Responsible for ongoing monitoring of program/design reports/metrics and outcomes and raises flags to Care Strategy team and ensures prioritized action planning.
- Supports implementation of the Care Strategy in new markets or geographies.
- Serves as primary liaison between Care strategy and other stakeholders especially product and market teams.
- Serves as clinical strategist for some of the design and build components using a population management and member-centric approach.
- Works with product team to drive launch of care strategy experiments and pilots and support product experiments and pilots.
- Develops ideal workflows for care strategy outputs where needed or for new care products.
- Support hiring and lead training of Care Strategy and Clinical team members.
- Develops and supports development of care strategy training content and help support design and training of team members.
- Owns cross-functional operations within the care strategy organization -- including establishing solid processes for meeting structure, information flow, collaboration, tools, communications.
- Serves as key entry point into the Care Strategy Org for Cityblock as a whole,, ensuring effective lateral communication, and escalating issues as appropriate
- Support the development of an analytical framework for identifying high-value opportunities within the care model
- Be a key contributor in the development of ROI analysis and build vs buy decision making in the development of clinical programs and capabilities that support both core business and long-range company growth
- Drives process around real-time surveillance and response to risks in care strategy performance
- Identifies early care strategy trends through quantitative and qualitative data, and helps prioritize impact on the care strategy work
- Proactively identifies and flags roadblocks, at-risk deadlines and escalation points
- Partner closely with other SMEs and Care product business owners to deliver on organizational goals and develop robust frameworks for care model design, build and implementations
- Build and manage meeting and communication processes within the care strategy organization
- Build a culture of operational rigor within the Care Strategy Team
- Drive the development of Care Model org-wide annual goals, and ensure alignment across domain areas
You’d be a good fit if:
- You have 3+ years of providing direct clinical care and are thus a clinician
- You have 3+ years of care program design and implementation
- You have 3+ year of holding operational oversight for a care program
- Have project management experience
- Data and outcomes driven
- Are passionate about improving the health outcomes of traditionally underserved and marginalized populations and have experience doing so
- Have experience with healthcare systems in more than one state
- Have experience work in start-up environments
Nice to have:
- RN , MD, NP or DO
- Experience working with Medicaid, Medicare populations
- Has provided clinical services to individuals with co-occurring chronic medical and behavioral health conditions
- Experience working with cross functional teams in different geographies
- Experience with highly-distributed workforces in a tech-enabled environment
- Technology-build experience
- Experience within a value-based healthcare environment
- Experience building educational content
- Strong communicator
Please include in your application:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.