Peloton is looking for an enthusiastic and talented Procurement Manager to join our growing Indirect & Operations Procurement team. Based in our New York City headquarters, you will be responsible for building and executing category strategies with a focus in Distribution & Logistics spend. Lead the team in pro-active development of category strategies for the region, translate strategy into objectives/action plans & drive execution of the objectives for assigned categories aligned with the business/sourcing strategy & corporate goals. Must be results-driven about business cost reduction, revenue increasing initiatives, aggregating supplier volume/reducing price, & utilizing tools/identifying opportunities for increasing capacity & driving controllership. Work closely with the regional executional/operational transportation teams.
This role will support dynamic and fast-paced Operations stakeholders supporting all modes of transportation, warehousing & logistics in all Peloton geographies.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to identify and implement category opportunities
- Lead sourcing efforts in an array of spend areas such as Ocean, Air, TMS, 3PL, e-commerce, Over the Road transportation and warehousing services
- As a Logistics Procurement subject matter expert, support go-to-market strategies, supplier identification and budget planning
- Support the scaling Peloton’s distribution capabilities by identifying opportunities for efficiencies and operational improvements
- Consistently interact with regional key stakeholders (i.e. finance and operations/transportation) and communicate of any change in contracted terms that impacts logistics’ cost. Ensure rates and pricing are up to date on any used platform
- Lead on-going spend analysis efforts
- Develop suppliers and carriers as strategic partners. Support on-going performance reviews. Partner with internal teams to ensure due diligence and compliance with regulations
- Identify opportunities for cash flow optimizations with Treasury and Financial Systems Team partners
- Effectively lead/project manage cross-functional teams through RFP process including requirements definition, bid/negotiations, contract documentation & integration ensuring appropriate approvals are obtained
- Conduct and manage logistics provider Quarterly Business Reviews for top providers.
- Manage and owns regional logistics providers metrics and scorecards as well as develop action plans that address potential gaps
- Support Procurement team reporting and supplier diversity efforts
- 5+ Years’ experience with sourcing, including supplier relationship management and performance monitoring. 3+ years specific to Logistics Procurement
- Solid analytical and quantitative skills. Strong Microsoft Excel skills and ability to synthesize and clearly summarize data. Experience working with data visualization tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau) is also a plus
- Ability to operate at multiple altitudes and support other indirect categories as needed
- Operating experience with procure-to-pay tools; Coupa experience a plus
- Strong knowledge of procurement and logistics best practices, strong critical thinking and analytical ability, and process orientation in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or cross-functional problems. Highly skilled in negotiation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable with presenting to groups, leading projects, and operating in matrixed teams
- Ability to operate independently in a changing and fast-paced environment. You should have the ability to juggle multiple projects at various phases
- Act as a self-starter and team player and hold a customer-first mindset
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves.
An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand’s immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.