Noom, Inc. is a mobile solutions company focused on preventative health. Our research-backed products help people achieve real, positive outcomes. We are the first mobile technology company to receive Recognition from The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Diabetes Prevention Recognition Program for the company’s ability to deliver a lifestyle intervention, engagement and behavior change program to prevent Type-2 diabetes. Our app boasts more than 28 million installs worldwide and our flagship app Noom Coach for Android has been the #1 top grossing Health and Fitness App since 2012 in the Google Play Store. Headquartered in New York City, we also have offices in Tokyo, Seoul, and Berlin. Entice you? Read on..
Consumer appetite for mobile application based assistance in weight loss is accelerating. Driven by a mission to help people around the world enjoy healthier lives through better nutrition and exercise, Noom is ambitiously expanding its footprint into this market with great mobile products proven by successful user experiences.
Noom is looking for a self-motivated full-time Clinical Psychologist to execute various projects under the direction of our Chief of Psychology and help shape our behavior change program. You will lend your psychology expertise as our product evolves and contribute to various research projects including randomized control trials, paper publication submissions, and conference presentations. This is a unique opportunity to expand your clinical experience working directly with our Chief of Psychology, passionate users, a dynamic interdisciplinary team, and weight loss mobile software. The ideal candidate has a strong background in clinical psychology and a passion for behavior change.
- Execute various projects as directed by the Chief of Psychology
- Regularly attend meetings where psychology expertise is necessary
- Contribute to the development of coach training programs
- Stay up to date with the latest research around behavior change
- Maintain a database of the latest in science related to behavior change
- PhD or PsyD in Clinical Psychology
- At least 2 years experience in a clinical setting
- Expert in CBT and various behavior change techniques
- Live in the NYC area
- Is polite but assertive when pushing others to meet deadlines
- Amazing communicator
Please apply with your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please explain why you’re the best fit for this position, and why you’re interested in working for Noom.