Community Marketing Manager
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, and take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, and we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, and on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, and more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed and empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, and more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 75 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives and we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
The Community team at theSkimm is a small group of creative, collaborative, and fast-moving thinkers and operators who are constantly finding new ways to evolve and scale theSkimm’s most strategic asset - our community. Joining theSkimm's lean marketing team, our Community Marketing Manager will be responsible for facilitating initiatives with our existing and engaged community of Skimm'bassadors as we make strides to strategically grow, productize, and monetize this unique program and evolve theSkimm's broader community into the cornerstone of theSkimm’s membership.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- This position combines the skills of a product, marketing, and campaign manager - requiring a unique blend of skills and experience. You are supporting and nurturing a community that is self-protective and passionate, and will need someone who can see the enormous opportunity that presents.
- Create and maintain long-term roadmaps for Skimm'bassador community that align to theSkimm's larger roadmap and our continued membership growth across our growing universe of products and services.
- Lead community marketing and communications strategy, working cross-functionally to engage the community in company campaigns and partnerships.
- Report on key products and initiatives within the social community, liaising with internal teams to drive success.
- Oversee the Skimm’bassador referral and rewards program
- Lead ideation and execution of beta tests and programming to engage the community and lay the groundwork for the success of new products, campaigns, and initiatives.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 3+ years of experience managing and scaling a consumer facing product or community.
- Ability to thrive when faced with conflict, and in high-pressure situations.
- Exceptional ability to be user-centric in a way that deepens community engagement and allows community members to build meaningful relationships with the brand and with one another.
- Passion for infusing your creativity into effective strategy that delivers results.
- Solution-first mindset, unafraid to challenge the status-quo.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to think on your feet.
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams.
WHAT WOULD SET YOU APART
- Passion for theSkimm's brand and products and a strong understanding of our target demo
- Experience working in subscription-based membership programs
- Strategic mindset and understanding of how community impacts business strategy
WHAT WE OFFER
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurances, starting on your first day!
- Competitive salary & equity packages alongside annual performance reviews aimed at rewarding and recognizing our diverse talents
- A flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- 'MassMutual' 401(k) program
- Free 'One Medical' Membership
- Subsidized family planning and fertility benefits through 'Carrot Fertility'
- Up to $400 in annual gym-membership reimbursement
- Collaborative office space with a mix of snacks, seltzer, caffeine and a pretty sweet roof deck
- Catered meals and drinks during our weekly "Sip’n Skimm" all-hands meeting and twice-monthly "Skimm'e A Drink!" happy hour
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter.
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.