Compensation Program Manager at Grubhub
We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-Grubhub is the place for you!
The Impact You Will Make
We are growing our Compensation team at Grubhub!
The Compensation Manager will bring significant expertise in the development of compensation programs that attract and retain employees across multiple functional areas and disciplines in a competitive and dynamic landscape of the tech world. They will provide guidance to assigned internal clients and collaborate with HR partners in the planning, development, implementation, and administration of compensation programs that support and drive the company's business strategy. In addition, the Compensation Manager will lead key annual compensation processes, compensation systems and tools infrastructure.
- Partner with Compensation leadership to constantly challenge existing processes and tools, ensuring ongoing process and product improvement.
- Own and drive the annual and mid-year merit and stock award compensation processes.
- Develop and enhance the compensation communication toolkit and conduct HRBP, Recruiters, Manager training on compensation philosophy, tools and processes.
- Drive the creation and implementation of a compensation metrics dashboard; utilize metrics to inform/influence HRBP and Manager behavior and compensation decision outcomes.
- Assist Compensation leader in conducting annual benchmarking of GH executive population.
- Lead the design and implementation of executive compensation scorecards.
- Assist in the job evaluation audit of the executive population.
- Ensure participation in executive compensation salary surveys.
- Conduct pay-mix studies to highlight market alignment/differences.
- Own the sales compensation benchmarking for all Sales roles across GH.
- Lead the design and implementation of sales metrics scorecard approach by partnering with the business/Finance teams.
- Partner with Finance to develop and drive a compensation budget tool/tracking system.
- Partner with HR and Business leaders to understand the strategies of the businesses supported, the market challenges, and talent needs to support the long-term growth of the business.
- Actively seek market intelligence and industry-specific data to obtain in-depth understanding of the market and industry-specific compensation trends for functional roles and inform and recommend solutions to ensure compensation programs are industry aligned and best in class. Create and maintain integrated job families, structures and hiring ranges across all teams supported. Provide recruiters the visibility, tools, resources and support needed to provide timely and competitive offer packages.
- Participate in cross-company initiatives and programs.
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, business or related field.
- 7+ years of compensation experience preferably in a large matrixed organization.
- Subject matter expert in all facets of compensation, including executive and sales compensation.
- Demonstrated experience in project management, defining, owning and driving key projects from concept to implementation.
- Experience with compensation due diligence in mergers and acquisitions.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic culture, ability to manage multiple projects and timelines simultaneously.
- Excellent detail orientation, written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate technical information to varying audiences.
- Experience with Compensation planning systems, compensation tool development and HRIS systems.
- Strong sense of teamwork, conflict resolution skills and relationship builder.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills with a commitment to accuracy
- Ability to understand and relate to multiple stakeholders from various disciplines (e.g., finance, legal, operations).
- CCP (Certified Compensation Specialist).
- Master's/MBA degree.
- Work experience with a large corporate employer; experience working with a Tech company/population.
- Supervisory experience or experience coaching/mentoring junior comp analysts.
- Workday experience is a plus.
- Experience in data visualization tools, (e.g., Tableau) is a plus.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO . Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it's safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]