Construction Project Manager
The Project Manager will help drive the build-out process at new Knotel locations. He or she will partner with senior management to design, budget and manage the build-out of our new locations. The ability for the Project Manager to deliver is essential for overall customer satisfaction and will transform how we execute at a high level as we scale. Knotel’s team embraces curiosity, integrity, hospitality and tenacious problem-solving, and the Project Manager will contribute to this culture while pushing us to innovate and do our best work.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with architects and designers to develop construction scopes of work
- Create estimates, budgets, timelines for project completion, and manage construction projects to ensure that milestones are met on time and under budget
- Ensure contractors deliver a high-quality product to maintain Knotel’s standards
- Proactively communicate risks and opportunities regarding constructability, cost, quality, and schedule concerns to internal Knotel team members
- Build and maintain relationships with internal team members and external vendors
- Provide constructability feedback during due diligence phase and through life of project to identify potential issues around unique building conditions
Who You Are
You are a keen, eager learner who turns every experience into a growth opportunity. You have experience in the design and construction industry and love everything from budgeting and negotiating. You enjoy spending time in on construction sites and manipulating Excel spreadsheets, and get energy from balancing these activities. You maintain exceptionally high standards for your work and environment, always looking for better ways of doing things. You would never say that something “isn’t your job”, and you know how to balance hustle with poise in the way you conduct yourself. You also have the following:
- Exceptional attention to detail
- A fearlessness about getting your hands dirty - literally and figuratively
- Deep experience in construction and design
- Experience with bidding tools, construction management software, and managing budgets
- A record of strong performance in academic and professional settings
Knotel is the world’s leading flexible workspace provider that gets, fits, fills and manages space for customers. Knotel caters to established and growing companies, giving them the freedom to focus on their business, culture, and people. With over 4 million square feet across 200 locations in three continents, Knotel is transforming commercial real estate and moving companies forward.
Knotel was founded in 2016 by Amol Sarva and Edward Shenderovich to give businesses the flexibility and speed to scale on their own terms. All Knotel spaces are tailored to the needs of each individual company by an in-house team of architects, interior designers, and workplace strategists. For more information, please visit www.knotel.com.
Our Core Values
- Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
- Don’t Look Away - Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
- Outcomes, Not Processes - Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
- Get Uncomfortable - Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
- “Where is it Engraved…” - Question orthodoxy.
- Share in the Victory Dance - No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive culture where people of any race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law can do their best work and fly their flag. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives further outlined here.