Corporate Actions at Clear Street
At Clear Street, we are disrupting the institutional brokerage and clearing market by modernizing archaic industry segments with brand new technology. We’re changing the way institutional investors interact with the markets; offering an alternative to working with big banks. Our cloud-based API technology will empower clients to clear, settle, and finance trading activity while accessing real-time risk and position information. Our platform is built on an incredibly modern tech-stack, by pragmatic engineers focused on building intuitive and frictionless user experiences. Our tech-infused suite of customer experience-oriented prime service offerings will increase our clients’ efficiency and provide real-time insights they’ve never previously experienced.
As our Corporate Actions Specialist, you will own the creation and maintenance of the systems responsible for identifying both voluntary and mandatory corporate actions, notifying clients, and processing changes on our books and records. You will utilize your deep understanding of the trade life cycle and back office functions to act as a corporate actions subject matter expert; seamlessly handling day to day tasks while working with Engineers to build scalable systems and processes.
Corporate Actions Specialist Characteristics:
- 5+ years experience with Corporate Actions, specifically working with international and US equities.
- Strong communication skills; ability to communicate product requirements to highly technical team members.
- Experience managing full life-cycle projects; understanding of project management best-practices.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments that require you to be a self-starter and creative problem-solver.
- Knowledge of all types of corporate actions and their impact on participants, tax reporting and audit requirements (Stock Splits, Spin Offs, M&As, Special Dividends, Exchange Offers, Dutch Auctions, etc.).
- Must have hands on experience with DTCC/NSCC Corporate Action processing systems.
- The opportunity to join a small and growing team of good people, where you can make a difference.
- An environment that champions collaboration and prioritizes pragmatic solutions to complex problems.
- Work that is fast paced, intellectually challenging, and most of all, profoundly rewarding.
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks.