Creative Project Manager at Betterment
Betterment is a technology-driven financial services company that offers services for spending and saving, alongside its core investing and retirement solutions. Since 2010, Betterment has had one mission: to help people make the most of their money so they can live better lives. Using cutting-edge technology, Betterment empowers its hundreds of thousands of customers to manage their money – for today, tomorrow, and someday – through personalized, expert advice; automated money management tools; and tax-smart strategies that help keep taxes low. Learn more www.betterment.com.About the Role:
You are a talented creative project manager with experience across a variety of project types including branding and strategy, content production, digital design and development. You are a process-minded individual who seeks out opportunities for streamlining workstreams, and your organization, communication and collaboration is valued by both project stakeholders and creative team members. You are comfortable taking direction from business leaders and peers, while also confident in your ability to take the lead and work autonomously. You thrive in a creative environment even if you don’t consider yourself a “creative” person. (Even though, of course you are.) You are passionate about maintaining brand standards and not shy about speaking up when something feels off brand.
The Creative Project Manager is responsible for independently managing multiple concurrent projects from kick-off to delivery across Betterment’s various lines of business and cross-functional teams. You will report to the Sr. Creative Operations Manager and collaborate to support the Brand Creative Team, ensuring the highest quality output and most efficient production of creative deliverables from our designers and copywriters.
You will be an ambassador for Brand Creative, the connective thread between the team members assigned to execute each project request and the project stakeholders themselves. You will be responsible for understanding the objectives of each project, ensuring that business and creative priorities have been properly communicated and acted upon.
This role is remote eligible. Colorado has an annual starting salary of $103,500, a competitive equity package, health, dental and vision benefits, and a 401(k) offering. This job may also be eligible for variable compensation in the form of an incentive bonus. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience.A Day in the Life:
- Coordinate communication and project prioritization across our Retail, B2B lines, UX/Product and Marketing teams.
- Review incoming project briefs to ensure goals and scope are clearly defined prior to sharing with the Brand Creative Team.
- Collaborate with project owners and stakeholders to determine project timelines and milestones, track deliverables, gather feedback, manage expectations, and facilitate the delivery of completed materials.
- Set up and attend briefings and creative check-ins, inviting appropriate team members as needed.
- Communicate with project owners about changes in scope and timing, compliance status and feedback consolidation.
- Manage third-party agencies and freelancers to ensure deadlines are met; source new external resources as needed.
- Partner with Sr. Creative Operations Manager to report on creative velocity.
- Be asked for and valued for your opinions on process-improvement (not just dictated to).
- Experience in a marketing-specific, design-related field at a design agency or in-house team.
- A history of working with tech teams or being able to interpret and understand the needs of PD&E.
- Experience or interest in working at a growing tech company.
- Working with multiple stakeholders and contributors on large-scale projects/rollouts including agency partners, internal product and technical teams, and creatives.
- Familiarity with the importance of partnering with our compliance team during the creative process (or another highly regulated industry).
- An ability to read minds. (Only sort of joking.) Communication will be your number-one skill, which will often require translating requests into actionable creative milestones.
- A clear sense of project scope and how long a creative project may take to complete.
- The ability to adapt to changes in direction and navigate ambiguity.
- Proficiency in project management platforms (e.g. Asana) and design platforms (e.g. Figma, Adobe Creative Suite).
Joining Betterment means belonging to a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your well-being, and continuing on a journey of non-stop growth and evolution.
You’ll join a Community that Cares:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, and celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, and regular knowledge sharing, all occurring in a remote friendly way.
- Join one or more of our 6 Employee Resource Strategy Groups as a member or an ally, and help us shape Betterment’s culture and product for years to come.
You’ll stay Happy and Healthy:
- We will ensure you're set up and cared for with a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, benefit packages that fit your needs (infertility and World Professional Association for Transgender Health approved benefits available), flexible parental leave, annual gym reimbursements and a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- You’ll have unlimited paid personal and vacation days, and a team that cares about your whole life, not just what you’re working on.
You’ll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills and abilities through Betterment University courses and additional allowance for outside learning.
- As part of a team that values knowledge sharing and transparency you can opt into mentoring and career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, and show & tells.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to [email protected]What Happens Next?
We expect to take a few weeks to review all applications. If we would like to spend more time with you, you will hear from us to arrange next steps. You can expect 3-4 sets of conversations, all remote, with your future colleagues in the weeks following your application.
Throughout the interview process, we’ll look to learn more about your skills, experiences, capabilities, and motivators. Many of our interview questions will be behavioral, aimed at understanding how you might operate here at Betterment. We may ask you to complete a case study exercise or technical assessments, depending on the role, as we aim to collect a robust set of data points throughout the interview process.
On average, it takes us around 2-3 weeks to make a hiring decision, depending on your availability and sense of urgency. As a best practice, we aim to interview at least 3 final round candidates before making a hiring decision.
Please note that we’re unable to offer individual feedback during the interview process. We usually see 1,000+ applications for open positions, and our hiring team simply doesn’t have the bandwidth to offer personalized feedback to each candidate.
We recognize that interviewing for a new role is a big deal. We appreciate you giving us consideration as the next step in your career. Our Recruiting Team is here to support and advocate for you through the interview process, so please let us know how we can help.Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.#LI-Remote #BI-Remote