Delivery Optimization Manager, Caviar
Caviar is changing the way businesses and consumers order food from restaurants. We believe that everyone should have access to the best eateries in their city without any hassles. Want your favorite burger joint, but hate the traffic and long lines? We're a team of passionate foodies solving that exact problem for your home and office. At Caviar, we believe in an environment that allows you to be creative and go beyond the call of duty. We're looking for exceptionally talented individuals who want to learn and grow with the company. Each and every day counts - you'll make a direct impact to the business starting from Day 1.About the Role
The delivery optimization manager (DOM) is responsible for supporting market growth by optimizing the inputs that impact Caviar’s delivery outcomes. Each DOM is responsible for owning operational performance and cost for multiple Caviar markets.
DOMs are strategists that diagnose and solve complex, market-specific problems with data-driven decision making, while owning the day-to-day and long-term implementation of delivery strategy in their assigned markets. DOMs collaborate closely with Live Operations Managers and the Market Operations Specialist, who help execute the strategy set out by DOMs. DOMs also partner with stakeholders across the org – working with Restaurant Partnership Managers, Product Managers, and others. DOMs are part of a lean team where each person’s decisions can impact thousands of couriers and millions of orders.You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Ensure Caviar has the right balance of courier supply to meet diner demand, forecasting fleet growth needs and leveraging incentives to drive just-in-time courier turnout
- Develop analytical frameworks and present structured thought to inform strategic decision-making on how to best manage Caviar’s diverse markets
- Lead and execute strategic and tactical demand-side projects such as delivery pricing and restaurant operations optimization.
- Launch pilots that test innovative ways to streamline market operations, then share your results nationally by collaborating with stakeholders across operations and product teams to ensure that your insights inform broader strategic initiatives
- Manage courier base pay and incentives to achieve quarterly and annual financial targets, assessing ROI and trade-offs between cost management and growth needs
- Conduct ongoing retros and diagnostics of performance to understand systemic or real-time blind spots and optimize turnout tactics implementation by-market
- Collaborate with our Courier team to forecast courier fleet growth targets and ensure that both overall fleet size and fleet composition matches market needs
- Maintain a detailed Standing Plan and work with the Live Operations Team on market performance diagnostics to ensure that market ops goals are met
- 2-4 years of experience in operations, consulting, finance, or a related field or demonstrated commensurate experience
- You have strong aptitude in spreadsheets is required. Proficiency distilling insights from large datasets and presenting these in a digestible way.
- You are experienced with Looker or SQL is preferred. Must be comfortable working with queries, but not required to write queries from scratch.
- You communicate insights crisply and drive stakeholders to buy-in and action. Unafraid to prove the value of an idea through scrappy experimentation and measurement.
- A demonstrated ability to think and act like an owner. You can quickly digest an objective and take ownership over the action items to achieve results. You are never satisfied with the status quo and continuously iterate to optimize outcomes.
- Strong problem-solving skills with proven ability to support your decisions with data and statistically-significant experimentation.
- A highly organized, process-driven approach to diagnosing problems, and experience motivating key stakeholders to work cross-functionally with you.
- The ability to structure a well-designed proposal, communicate insights clearly and concisely, and deftly execute your recommendations.
- Highly-developed prioritization skills. You can independently identify business blind spots and determine the appropriate level of prioritization weighted against business goals and risks.
- An ability to quickly absorb context, and autonomously execute tasks efficiently, even when context-switching is required multiple times throughout a day.
- A strong growth trajectory and a desire to help define our evolving approach to delivery optimization at each new level of scale.
- Familiarity with the gig economy, and can speak to the various levers that can be pulled in the gig economy.
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.