Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
At the direction of the Head of Member Engagement and in collaboration with the Market Operations teams, the Director, Clinical Assessment & Scheduling Operations will:
- Lead the design and implementation of outbound and inbound scheduling workflows across our all markets at Cityblock.
- Lead the design and implementation of centralizing Cityblock assessment appointments and workflows.
- Support all administrative functions of the centralized scheduling team as a member of the scheduling team.
- Represent Cityblock to members, other health care organizations, practices, insurance partners, and other partners in ensuring that our members have the care and assistance they need to thrive.
- Work with cross market operators and Head of Member Engagement to continue to iterate on best practice outbound and inbound scheduling workflows for our members who for appointment visits.
- Use our analytical platforms to generate and communicate weekly reporting & planning in order to iterate on scheduling needs and best scheduling practices.
- Partner closely with clinical teams to co-manage, triage and assess Cityblock members’ complex needs with the goal of determining members for clinical reassessments.
- Utilize our custom-built care facilitation platform, Commons, and the market’s EMR to collect data, document member interactions in the field, organize information, track tasks, and communicate with your team, members, and community resources.
- Support the Head of Member Engagement with implementing new operations workflows and projects around centralized scheduling needs.
Requirements for the Role:
- At least 5 years of experience managing complex, cross functional projects at the intersection of tech and service
- You think strategically, integrating overarching business priorities into your approach
- You work effectively and collaboratively, with a sharp sense of company vision, goals, and priorities.
- You’re entrepreneurial and team-oriented, with flexibility to dive into ambitious projects and small tasks from one moment to the next
- Demonstrated preference using data to drive decision making
- Ability to flourish in fast-paced environments, identifying your own opportunities for success and iterating tightly on feedback
- You are a natural relationship-builder and possess the ability to engage and connect with both leaders and cross-function
How We Define Success:
- This person is able to build a coalition, get people on board, communicate progress and drive projects from a vague idea, to a complete concept
- This person has defined our member scheduling function and established the framework for clinical and services design through product development and adoption
- This person partners effectively with the scheduling team, market operators, hub directors and Head of Member Engagement to prioritize organize, build, and ensure adoption with the robust scheduling capabilities to drive efficient execution of our care model by engaging and scheduling more members
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Healthcare experience preferred
- APRN Licensure
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.