Director, Clinical Quality
Who we are
Cityblock Health is a new type of healthcare company, operating out of Brooklyn and backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs, along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to radically improve the health of urban communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we bring the capability to deliver care in the home and neighborhood with our field-based teams.
In close collaboration with community based organizations and a leading commercial partner, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. We deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services through a network of neighborhood hubs with deep community-based partnerships and world-class technology.
We partner with payers and at-risk providers, taking capitated financial risk to care for their most vulnerable, high and rising risk members. Additionally, we invest in strategic partnerships with community-based and social services organizations, in some instances bringing them into the value equation through sub-capitation and performance-based compensation.
Over the next year we’ll grow quickly, including entering new markets, each with their own commercial relationships and field-based teams. This role will be a key contributor to the success of our business.
As the Clinical Quality Lead, you’ll spearhead quality and improvement strategy as we grow and scale our clinical model. You’ll work cross-functionally across our Clinical, Data and Product teams to optimize community health performance through a variety of channels including Cityblock’s own Theory of Change (TOC), HEDIS, state Medicaid quality programs, and CMS ACO measures. You’ll approach quality measurement through an innovative lens, utilizing our tech-enabled team to engage members and their care team leading to significantly improved process and outcome measures.
- Work cross-functionally and collaboratively to document and embed quality processes and responsibilities within the care model and within Commons (CBH’s care facilitation platform). Ensure that leading indicators for outcome measures are tracked and improved in real time. Optimize clinical processes, partnerships and the use of technology to further drive at improvement in quality outcomes
- Design and lead an annual goal setting process, prioritizing measures for improvement and setting overall and (eventually) market based goals
- Oversee the development of strategic dashboards that track, trend and report on all quality measures
- In conjunction with the data team develop care team, market, clinical leadership, executive and partner facing dashboards to summarize current performance, progress to goal and hotspots requiring immediate action.
- Serve as the Quality Subject Matter Expert to work with partners (payers or providers), sharing quality outcomes achieved, communicating CBH methodologies, partnering on new measures or programs and ensuring that CBH’s value on the quality side is highlighted
- Stay abreast of national, state and local quality mandate changes as well as requests from CBH partners. Summarize changes and ensure executive and clinical leadership knowledgeable about new measures and changes
- Collaborates with the data team to ensure that the quality analytic roadmap is defined and implemented
- In partnership with clinical leadership, prioritize quality measures for improvement and lead PDSA style improvement cycles resulting in scalable process and Commons changes that will lead to significant and sustainable improvements
- Design and implement a process to engage front line clinical staff in giving suggestions for improving operational and quality processes
You’d be a good fit if:
- You have 5+ years experience driving improvement in quality measures in a healthcare setting
- You’re skilled at using data and performance improvement tools to drive Quality improvement
- You have an understanding of HEDIS measures and quality processes within a health plan and / or a provider practice
- You understand how to create and implement technology enabled processes, evaluating the use of vendors and partners to further improve quality
- You work well with clinicians and other stakeholders across healthcare settings
- You have outstanding attention to detail and a passion for understanding complex issues with a data driven approach
- You have good project management abilities
- You can effectively collaborate with senior leaders at a health plan partner to articulate CBH’s quality impact
Nice to have:
- Clinical license and clinical experience
You should include these in your application:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile.
- A 1-2 paragraph response indicating why this job is compelling to you.
- A 1 paragraph summary of a time when you thought you made a difference in someone’s health
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.