Director, HTA Program Development
Please note that this role will be initially based in New York, with ideal applicants being open to potential international relocation at a future date.
Flatiron is looking for a Director of HTA Program Development, who will be responsible for driving a cross-functional program aimed at engaging and educating health authorities, Health Technology Assessment (HTA) bodies and related stakeholders in EU5 countries, on the use of RWE in value assessment to inform local and regional access and reimbursement decisions.
The Director, HTA Program Development, will ultimately be responsible for Flatiron’s HTA engagement strategy and building relationships with HTA bodies, working closely with Flatiron’s Regulatory Policy team. This role is highly cross-functional and can expect to work closely with multiple Flatiron teams. This job requires a strong understanding and background in ex US (specifically, European) Market Access and Health Technology Assessments, ideally in Oncology. The person would need to demonstrate exceptional interpersonal, stakeholder management and relationship building skills. We are looking for an individual who is excited to work in a fast-paced environment, is motivated by solving complex problems and is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with Flatiron teams and subject matter experts to develop the RWE proposition for Market Access / Reimbursement use case internationally (with specific focus on EU5 countries), gathering and synthesizing insights from, and needs of, our biopharma clients
- Define a strategy for engaging and educating Health authorities and HTA bodies in priority countries on the value of RWE and guidelines for use of RWE in HTAs
- Lead a cross-functional program within Flatiron to execute on this strategy with clear short / medium term and longer term objectives (with representatives from Product, Clinical, Data Science, Business Development, Regulatory Policy and client-facing teams) focused on increasing engagement and collaboration in this space
- Collaborate with Flatiron’s subject matter experts and any local teams (in priority countries) to create a network of relationships with stakeholders within local health authorities, HTA bodies and related KOLs and manage the day-to-day relationships
- Over time, create impactful collaboration opportunities with HTA bodies and health authorities to advance the guidelines and framework for the use of RWE in Market Access decisions
- Leverage the work being done by Flatiron’s Regulatory Policy team with health authorities (e.g. US FDA, EMA) and other policy-making bodies to create meaningful dialogue with European health authorities
- Serve as Flatiron’s primary HTA liaison for Market Access projects and cross-functional initiatives
- Advanced degree preferred (MS or PhD in relevant area of study)
- 8+ years experience in externally-facing roles in health tech, healthcare consulting or Biopharma with specific experience of health technology assessment and decision-making about market access and pricing
- Demonstrated leadership and management experience with success in bringing highly complex, cross-functional projects to completion
- In depth understanding of cost effectiveness / budget impact modelling and pricing negotiations as part of overall Access / Reimbursement decisions
- Experience developing external relationships and exceptional communication skills
- Existing network within Health Authorities in countries such as Germany and the UK
- Entrepreneurial spirit / “get it done” mentality with ability to flex into / play different roles as needed to advance Flatiron’s mission
- High degree of comfort with ambiguity, able to quickly develop hypotheses with limited information and have a demonstrated ability to learn complex concepts quickly
- Highly analytical, strategic thinker with the ability to translate between strategic business decisions and their implications
- Open to frequent travel for participation in events, conferences and networking events
- Fluency in German ideally
- Specific domain expertise in an area relevant to Flatiron’s products or operations: oncology, outcomes research, clinical research, real-world evidence / observational data
- Specific experience working in Europe, particularly Germany
- Understanding of marketing authorization approval pathways for drugs, biologics, advanced therapy medicinal products, etc.