Director, Partner Engagement at Cityblock Health
Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About our Team:
We employ a field-based, home-based care model and are committed to meeting members where they are--in their homes, in their community, and in our Hubs. You will go above and beyond to connect with Cityblock members in a non-judgmental, respectful and empathic manner, to meet their needs, and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
About the Role:
As the New York Lead Network Manager, you will lead Cityblock’s development of key relationships with healthcare providers, developing and implementing innovative strategies to ensure Cityblock members receive timely, high quality care.
You will play an integral role in building Cityblock’s relationships in NYC and Nassau County with key community providers. You will work to develop Cityblock’s relationships with healthcare providers, institutions, social services organizations and third party vendors in the coordinated management of Cityblock’s members.
You will partner with Cityblock’s data analytics and medical economics teams to identify key drivers of member spend and other performance measures to inform the design of initiatives for the New York market. You will collaborate closely with market care and outreach teams to help develop practice interface processes and translate these efforts into executable workflows to care teams.
Requirements for the Role:
- You have a bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of experience with health plans and/or provider organizations, ideally in a provider network strategy and management function
- Demonstrated leadership in a managed care setting, with expertise around value-based and FFS contracting models, and accountability for driving performance against population health objectives (e.g. total cost of care, quality, revenue improvement)
- Familiarity with the healthcare landscape, neighborhoods and community health needs across New York City and Nassau County, with a passion to apply market learnings more broadly
- Experience building mutually beneficial relationships with provider groups and facilities, large and small
- Flexibly able to communicate to any audience, including leadership teams and front line staff
- Experience and comfort working within a high-paced startup environment, working with operators, technologists and clinicians - working on process with care teams one minute, and leading meetings with community provider executives the next
- You are comfortable using a variety of data tools, and can create compelling dashboards and other data visualizations to drive decision making
- You have excellent project/process management skills (particularly with modern tool suites built off of cloud-based collaboration), and you are rigorous, energetic, agile, flexible, and aren’t afraid to do the work yourself
- You are familiar with regulatory requirements pertaining to value-based care operations
- Relationships with key leaders in the NY healthcare community
- MBA or MHA, or equivalent experience
How We Define Success:
- Build and maintain relationships with providers, facilities and vendors that collaborate with Cityblock to deliver excellent health outcomes and quality for our shared members
- Build relationships, process flows and approach to identifying and engaging with high volume, potentially high value providers to include: primary care, specialty care, home health, LTSS, DME, acute care and subacute care facilities
- In coordination with other market leaders, develop a provider engagement plan including timelines and success metrics for community based primary care and behavioral health clinicians and roll-out the engagement strategy
- In collaboration with Community Partnerships Manager, build referral relationships and creative partnerships with key social service organizations in order to further integrate and coordinate members’ physical, behavioral social care needs
- Own relationships with health plan partner counterparts, including provider network and contracting, marketing, care management, utilization management, and quality improvement
- Develop and manage dashboard and metrics for referrals, medical trends, cost drivers and cost saving opportunities
- Identify key areas for improvement based on community provider input; advise teams on how to improve workflows to improve these areas
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Specific experience with SQL, BigQuery or comparable tools, and BI/visualizations tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau, etc.)
- Direct or project-based management of cross-functional teams, including data analysts, clinical strategists and community outreach teams
- Unrestricted Driver's License and car
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.