Director, Product Software Engineering Operations and Planning (Chief of Staff) at Peloton
As the Director of Product Software Engineering Operations and Planning, you will act as the Chief of Staff for the Product Software Engineering Department and be responsible for driving business operational processes and mission-critical programs for the product engineering team at Peloton.
Reporting directly to the Senior Vice-President of Product Software, you will drive the operational and planning processes for Product Engineering, this will include: headcount planning, budget, hiring and resource allocation. In addition, you will understand the strategic direction of the organization, and will be added to the most critical initiatives of product engineering, and be an integral member of the engineering leadership team.
- Collaborate with business partners, product engineering leaders, and a variety of functional partners to identify and prioritize strategic roadmaps.
- Build and own team budget, and forecast process and manage the finances with the FP&A team and with engineering leaders
- Partner with the technology leaders as a sounding board to stress-test new ideas, programs, and resource capacity planning.
- Improve existing processes and develop new mechanisms to scale the way we plan and deliver for product engineering as we grow the company.
- Manage and drive operational initiatives across the business by keeping the organization on track
- Partner with the Technical PMO organization to validate resources and capacity planning inputs and outputs
- Act as a thought partner and extension of the product engineering team.
- 8+ years in software engineering or technical program management.
- 5+ years experience managing the budgeting, resource planning, and reconciliation processes for large organizations (150+ Full time employees).
- Strong communication and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with modern productivity tools critical (O365, Google Docs, Confluence, etc).
- Strong database, spreadsheet, and reporting skills are also a must (pivot tables, MS Access, Tableau, and similar).
- Bachelors in computer science or business analysis.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.