Director of Program Management- Enterprise Technology at Peloton
Peloton is seeking a Director of Program Management to drive program and project management for the Enterprise Technology (ET) function. You will manage the pillar focused on Employee Experience and Infrastructure, working with a group of talented Program Managers under this pillar. You will also be part of a central program management organization (PMO) in the ET function.
The Enterprise Technology function at Peloton is responsible for the underlying technology supporting business teams (including Supply Chain, Sales, Member Experience, Retail, Finance, and Marketing) as well as information security, IT employee experience, data governance, and IT infrastructure globally.
Peloton is expanding and is supporting a growing employee base as well as growing its global physical locations. Your role will be to support programs by positioning your Program Managers to focus on the most critical projects that allow for this expansion. In this role you will be a part of the ET PMO core leadership team.
- Oversee the portfolio of work under the Employee Experience and Infrastructure Pillar to establish and track key performance indicators.
- Drive strategic cross-functional planning of key initiatives by closely partnering with Project Sponsors, Project Managers, Product Managers, and Engineering Leads to develop portfolio plans including roadmaps, dependency analysis and identification, and resource plans.
- Engage key stakeholders by establishing strong relationships, setting expectations, and aligning delivery to these expectations.
- Identify and control portfolio risk; interface with key stakeholders to review work and make adjustments and mitigation plans.
- Align prioritization of the team’s portfolio to support enterprise objectives while controlling changes to the Roadmap and active programs.
- Accountable for results, directing work efforts, reviewing integrated project plans, escalating & communicating resource needs, ensuring completion of quality reviews, and driving the resolution of issues as appropriate.
- Partner with PMO leadership to improve the consistency, predictability and efficiency of the organization’s program/project delivery capability.
- Own and ensure core program management processes and quality discipline as established by the PMO across all programs and projects appropriately.
- Lead Technical and Non-Technical Program Managers and the allocation of these individuals to programs and projects under the portfolio.
- Mentor your team to ensure each individual has a clear understanding of their role expectations and have long-term growth and development plans.
- Serves as a guide to program and project managers, and team leads to educate and assist them with implementing project management processes and continuous improvement.
- Antiracism and Inclusivity: Peloton has made a commitment to antiracism
- Actively contribute to creating a more inclusive culture and environment at Peloton
- Actively endorse, create, and maintain antiracist policies and processes
THINGS TO CONSIDER:
- We regularly assess the state of the department, the business, and the company, and determine what processes (and levels of process maturity) are needed for us to reach current and future objectives - you will play a large role in these decisions and changes for the projects and programs you support, and on the Enterprise Technology (ET) PMO team
- We’re doing a lot really fast - you may be asked to flex outside of your role from time to time
- This is a people management role and will likely mean you’ll spend a large percentage of your time managing people and their programs and projects. As such you will not have a large amount of time for your own initiatives.
- You have:
- 12+ years of program management experience both on technical and operational programs with experience in IT or other related fields
- 7+ years of experience leading people with a focus on program management
- Experience managing complex programs with large budgets, exacting stakeholders, multiple vendors, and firm deadlines
- Experience working with other senior leaders to develop vision and strategy for IT projects
- A basic understanding of software engineering and technical infrastructure
- Excellent presentation and meeting facilitation skills
- Strong interpersonal communication, problem solving, negotiation, and organizational skills
- A strong sense of accountability, team focus, and personal ownership
- Experience in defining, implementing and coaching others in Program Management methodologies and tactics as well as full project lifecycle management
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.