Director, Project Management
Our Director of Project Management is a skilled and experienced project manager, problem solver, strategic operator and trusted advisor. This role goes beyond managing complex projects (though we’re looking for a leader willing to get their hands dirty!); we’re looking for someone to bring clarity, focus and structure to our processes in an agile and nimble way. The Director of Project Management will build out a world-class project management function, and be a team leader who mentors and grows the project management team. He/she has a stake in redefining how strategy and operations connect and deliver results to the business and its customers.
What you’ll do:
- Assess the best structure for the PM team, and build out a project management team to support all areas of the business, including creative, engineering, physical product development and merchandising
- Work across leadership, specifically the Senior Manager of Strategic Operations, to better align the business, clarifying goals and solidifying priorities, then connecting the business strategy to the work teams are doing on the ground each day
- Introduce project management methodologies and workflows, building out PM coaching and training capabilities
- Introduce and standardize artifacts, templates and workflows
- Drive executional excellence, ensuring successful delivery of projects against strategic priorities; framing decisions around business drivers, scope, time, cost and quality
- Create frictionless, people-first processes and clear artifacts
- Implement a regular cadence and forum for project status updates and project resourcing and trade-off decisions
Who you are:
- You have 8+ years of experience delivering complex projects in fast-paced environments, ideally in an agency or start-up
- You have experience implementing Agile and coaching all roles in Agile
- You have the ability to launch projects on time and on strategy, and to anticipate shifting priorities, partner approvals, technical hurdles, etc.. You are able to adapt plans as needed and have the ability to mitigate risk, and you have the ability to push back on scope-creep.
- You have the ability to tee up / make tradeoff decisions based on business needs and priorities
- You care about building ways of working that are sustainable, productive, efficient and fun
- You are comfortable operating at a 30k foot view and in the weeds
- Competitive salary + equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Fitness reimbursement
- Quarterly company outings
- Annual international team trips
Away (awaytravel.com) is modernizing the travel experience, beginning with your luggage, while striving to set the example for how socially conscious companies should conduct themselves. In November 2015, we launched our brand in Vogue, GQ, and USA Today, and have been featured in over 80 publications including New York Magazine, Travel + Leisure, and Wallpaper*. Away was founded by two Warby Parker alums and has raised $31M in venture funding from investors including Global Founders Capital, Forerunner Ventures, and Accel Partners.