CLEAR helps create safer, easier experiences everywhere you go. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics – your eyes, face, and fingerprints – we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, venues and more. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a person’s digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk and restore peace of mind.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List for the third year in a row and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, CLEAR is providing frictionless experiences and technology for our partners and 7+ million members.
The Director, Special Projects will report to and partner directly with the EVP, Growth and is responsible for helping drive business strategy, the broader growth vision, special projects and helping to maintain cross-functional and external relationships. This is the perfect role for someone who can focus on long term objectives while managing day to day tasks, much in the way of a chief of staff.
What You Will Do:
- Support the EVP, Growth to create shared context, drive clarity, prioritize and focus the larger Growth org on the most important work, driving operations and coordinating cross-functionally to help make us as successful as possible
- Own and facilitate the biggest and most strategic priorities and projects: unpack broad, cross-functional initiatives into specific work streams, help teams define the scope, deliverables, and schedules, and drive accountability and results across multiple teams and various stakeholders to success
- Support EVP to develop and refine key partnership agreements, structure deals, and diligence for potential business opportunities
- Attend critical meetings with EVP, draft/send preparation and action items/follow-up
- Assist in the preparation of updates for our Board, including quarterly board presentations and investor updates
- Attend non-critical meetings on behalf of EVP & report back synthesized key information and requests
Who You Are:
- 6+ years of relevant business experience in a fast-paced, hyper-growth organization
- Experience in business development, strategy, and operations
- Consulting experience is a plus, as is experience as a chief of staff or similar role
- Strong data and analytical expertise, whether it pertains to financials, KPIs, or operations
- Proven ability to analyze and break apart complex business issues
- Outstanding communication skills with comfort presenting to executive leadership, both internally and externally; an ability to distill complexity into meaningful insights and a coherent story
- Excellent relationship management, interpersonal, influencing and negotiating skills, and ability to work in fast-moving organizations with rapidly changing priorities
- Demonstrate a high amount of empathy, responsibility, coupled with a deep sense of ownership and personal accountability