Director, Studio Development at WW (the new Weight Watchers)
WW is looking for candidates to help change people's lives. We are a global wellness technology company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. We do this through engaging digital experiences, face-to-face workshops and sustainable programs that encourage people to move more, shift their mindset and eat healthier while enjoying the foods they love. By drawing on over five decades of experience and expertise in behavioral science, we build communities in order to deliver wellness for all.
To learn more about WW and jobs with a purpose, visit ww.com.
The Director, Studio Developments role will be focused on growing and enhancing the Studio experience at WW, ensuring that everywhere we show up in a face to face with our current or potential customers. S/he will partner with all of our CX teams, Technology, Product, Science, Content, and Service Design teams around the world to accelerate the role bringing the Studio experience to fruition in new and unexpected ways. S/he will have experience building retail organizations at scale, a project management mindset, with a customer-centric approach, thinking of both strategic and tactical ways to bring our Studios to life.
- Runs regularly scheduled meetings to bring key cross-functional partners together to govern all activities involving our Studios, as well as monthly executive updates
- Understands and influences all projects to ensure they are within enterprise priorities, maximizing the use of resources (human capital and dollars), and deliver on short term, interim term, and long-term evolution of the brand
- Works well cross-functionally to drive results. Keeps overall work on time, with frequent updates, calling out wins/opportunities in a timely manor to move the business forward
- Responsible for gathering global practices, finding commonalities, and creating global content, with variances as needed by countries where appropriate
- Manages coordinator-level associate who manages project plans, update documents, and meeting coordination
- Works with Product and CX teams to ensure all Studio roles and responsibilities can support retail environment, with focus on a selling/service proposition
- Responsible for thinking 360 about the Studio, from the time the Member, non-Member comes in, through the entire experience, ensuring all projects are holistic in nature
- Partners with Social and Philanthropic efforts to create the "Community" aspect in Studios, to drive new traffic, as well as be a true Health/Wellness partner in the community
- Works with appropriate departments to ensure all changes from global Customer Experience work in scalable, executable, with clear roles, responsibilities, and follow up to ensure consistency
- Provides follow up and coaching to internal departments during rollouts, thinking of scale to ensure we are capturing learnings real-time, and applying to changes for larger rollouts
- Works with all tech teams to ensure we have a "retail centric" strategy, that supports both member and non-member interactions, regardless of type of location
- Understands scalable operations, with a very diverse workforce with low normal working hours with the brand, to focus on key operational practices needed to maintain consistent Studio Experience
- Influences "Home Office" model of operations needed to support a retail focused Studio strategy
- Rolls out quick wins globally, supports longer-term strategies
- Passionate about WW's mission and the power of the tribe to deliver on our ambitions
- Has 10+ years experience in retail, service industry, or consultancy, with large field organizations (800+ locations), within matrixed and non-matrixed structures, with proven project/program management experience
- Is familiar with best-in-class customer experiences, from initial formation of solutions through scalable rollouts
- Ability to partner across all departments, on behalf of customer and retail experiences, to create and implement holistic solutions
- Skilled a benchmarking practices, within and outside of like categories of business, to accelerate customer value proposition
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills in English; secondary language a plus
- Ability to work with field organizations, from top level positions though field teams, to build trust, understanding, and true partnerships
- Bachelor's preferred
As a company, our purpose is to inspire healthy habits for real life. And as an employer, we inspire the greatest people to do their best work. We provide benefits for real life to help protect your health, finances and overall wellbeing, including:
- Competitive compensation and profit-sharing plan
- A 401K plan to help you plan for your future, plus company match
- Health care coverage starting on your first day
- Tuition reimbursement and online courses to help you reach your career aspirations
- Commuter benefits
- Yearly well-being allowance for your physical, financial, social and emotional well-being
- Free WW membership for you plus 3 free WW memberships for your friends and 3 for your family
- Free fruit, snacks and coffee to get you through your day
- Summer Fridays, happy hours, and company outings
- Robust employee referral bonuses
- Developmental opportunities and assignments to grow your career
WW is an equal opportunity employer. WW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.