Director, Technical Project Management at Gemini
Help us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Product and Project Management
At Gemini, our Product and Project Management teams are made up of business analysts, product managers, and skilled technical project managers. We draw from top players in the financial and technology industries who are ready to stretch themselves and face the unique and exciting challenges of the digital asset world. We are an internal “think tank” that tackles complex, cross-functional projects, iterates on existing products, and acts as the go-to team for conveying Gemini leadership’s technical vision.
The Role: Director, Technical Project Management
At Gemini, our Project Managers combine systematic analysis and detailed planning to assist in the execution of initiatives across the company. As a technical project manager, you'll identify, manage, and iterate on technical projects while defining the “how” and “when"; you'll involve all relevant stakeholders and ensure technical feasibility for critical team initiatives. An ideal candidate is an expert cross-functional collaborator who has an aptitude for resource management, as well as the ability to effectively facilitate communication between technical and business teams.
This role is full-time in our New York City offices, and reports directly to the Chief Technical Officer.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors to ensure flawless execution
- Work with Engineering and Design Technology teams to build scalable technical project management strategies, while overseeing and building a team of Technical Project Managers
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time and within scope
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science/Software Development, related field, or commensurate work experience
- 7+ years of working experience in project management, with a proven track record of compiling project plans and timely execution
- History of delivering both small- and large-scale financial projects with the following skills:
- Effectively tracking resources and work dependencies to identify and monitor risks.
- Ability to quickly pivot to meet new/updated business needs by understanding changing priorities
- Ability to define and manage the scope in order to deliver business solutions that fit the needs of the firm.
- Solid organizational skills, attention to detail, and proven ability to manage projects with competing timelines
- Experience building and scaling (an) effective project management team(s)
- Basic understanding of financial markets
- Knowledge of and experience with:
- Working with Bitcoin, Ethereum, and/or blockchain technology
- Financial technology, such as exchanges or trading firms
- Fast-paced startup environment
- Knowledge of UX/UI best practices
- MixPanel or equivalent user analytics software
- Foreign Exchange, Commodity, or other trading experience
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.