DTC Planning Manager at Casper
The Planning Manager will report to the VP of Commercial Planning & Business Strategy and will oversee planning & forecasting for our retail and ecommerce channels. They will partner closely with the respective channels to maximize sales and profitability. The Planning Manager will be instrumental in budgeting, forecasting, and reporting on the DTC business. They will be responsible for facilitating the growth of our owned channels by helping to develop profitable revenue targets that align with company goals. They will develop and implement tools that provide planning infrastructure, process & reporting to the DTC channels for scale.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Rolling 3 year plans by channel / category
- Develop annual revenue budget by month at location / product level.
- Own monthly revenue reforecast - Work closely with channel leaders and Finance to accurately forecast revenue, promotional cadence & channel margin down to product level
- Partner with inventory planning by providing accurate revenue forecasts to ensure channel inventory needs are met
- Develop hindsight reporting by season including final product selling, classification selling, sku counts, price bands
- Partner with channels to develop assortment strategies by channel and geo to further drive opportunity
- Drive deep dive product analysis by channel to support future business strategy
- Standardize weekly/monthly business reporting for sell through results for both product and location selling
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 6+ years DTC planning experience with a global brand
- Experience managing and mentoring direct reports
- Ability to balance analytics with product and market trends
- Advanced skills in retail math; sales, gross margin, return on investment (ROI), weeks of supply (WOS), turn, etc. and how to impact them
- Expert Excel skills
- Ability to build and maintain positive and productive relationships with peers and cross-functional teams
- Manages multiple projects while prioritizing and meeting deadlines
- Able to present business strategies and action plans to all levels of management
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...)..
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep and fitness, credits for your favorite studios and in-office activities
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Catered lunches twice a week to give you time to catch up with your teammate
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- A full gifted bed set when you join and product discounts for friends and family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!