Employee Experience Project Manager at Better
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $2 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Better.com is growing and we’re looking for a Project Manager to join our Employee Experience team. If you’re looking to make an impact alongside a collaborative team that’s transforming the homeownership industry, check us out.
What you’ll do as a Project Manager:
- Work closely with People leadership to drive people projects and initiatives forward, from ideation to requirements gathering to deployment.
- Supporting People Leadership to provide service delivery, operational effectiveness, business process review and continuous improvement activities.
- Use data to recommend improvements or changes to organization-wide people programs.
- Leading and running projects that will improve the overall experience, collaborating across the various people functions, as well as other internal groups. Running metrics post rollout and tracking new engagement levels.
- Establishing plans, systems, and communication strategies to support and implementing policies and programs.
What the ideal candidate looks like:
- Strong ability to synthesize information and develop scalable solutions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience as a project manager or project lead; experience directly in HR preferred
- Ability to work in a changing and rapidly growing environment
- Experience supporting a team to achieve results
- Experience leading and executing projects
- Proficient in Google Suite products
Through the combined efforts of talent acquisition, employee experience, employee development, people strategy and people systems, the People team works to create and foster a positive and productive employee experience. We take ownership of everything from the smallest details - like keeping the right snacks in stock - to the largest projects, such as structuring performance management, to make sure that every member of the team feels supported, positively challenged, and able to thrive at Better. We have fun, love what we do, and care deeply about building a Better workplace.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.